Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Targetting Engaged Audiances in Campaign Workflow

Level 2

Hi Team,

Based on email openings, we were attempting to launch a campaign that was divided into Engaged Audiences and Non Engaged Audiences. The audiences who opened the prior campaigns' emails are identified as engaged, whereas the other audiences are identified as non-engaged. I used the intersection activity and the query activity to extract the Email openings from the prior campaign and deduplicate them using their Email ids. However, following the implementatiom of the Intersection activity, the overall data counts of the engaged audiences do not match.

So wanted to know if there were any other strategies we might employ to separate the workflow audiences who are engaged from those who are not, or to fix this intersection activity.

Adding the workflow screenshots for reference.

Uma5_0-1674458840846.png

Here if you could see the total number of engaged audiences from previous campaign is 63,541 and the remaining sets of audiences were 266,101. However after intersection actity the audiences were splitted as 241,936 for Engaed and 24,165 for Non engaged. Which is actually not matching with the total count of 329,642 (63,541+266,101).

Appreciating the quick support!

Thanks in advance!
Uma V

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @UmaV ,

To target Engaged audience, you can try this below condition

ParthaSarathy_2-1674460960365.png

You can select URL Type as Open or email click depends upon your use case.

To Target Non-Engaged .Audience,

ParthaSarathy_1-1674460882700.png

And instead of delivery code, you can use any attribute to identify the required delivery of previous campaign.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @UmaV ,

To target Engaged audience, you can try this below condition

ParthaSarathy_2-1674460960365.png

You can select URL Type as Open or email click depends upon your use case.

To Target Non-Engaged .Audience,

ParthaSarathy_1-1674460882700.png

And instead of delivery code, you can use any attribute to identify the required delivery of previous campaign.

Level 2

Hello @ParthaSarathy 

Thank you for the response.

Could you kindly confirm where we can fetch the Delivery Logs, because I couldn't able to locate them in my Recipient Delivery Logs.

Uma5_0-1674461761853.png

Uma5_1-1674461795756.png

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Please select nms:recipient schema as Targeting Dimension

ParthaSarathy_0-1674462510981.png

Level 2

So I've tried the same with the following queries. However, we need to club this engaged audiences with another workflow, so I've utilized the intersecting activity to do so. As you can see in the picture below, I currently have 266,101 fresh audiances and 63,738 engaged audiances.

Uma5_0-1674471130765.png

When I used the intersection activity, I saw that just 25,261 comes out as engaged, when it should have been 63,738. Is there a clear explanation for the decreased counts, or can we find a different activity to replace the intersection?

Community Advisor

This might be because, there are only 25261 common records between two sets.

By default if you had configured 'keys only' in reconciliation of intersection activity, It will check common records between both sets based on Primary key (Recipient's primary key if both targeting dimension is on Recipient table)

Additionally, If you want to check common records between both tables based on Email Id, In each Query activity's additional data > add @email 

ParthaSarathy_0-1674473916583.png

And in intersection activity, Configure as below

ParthaSarathy_1-1674473974457.png

The Result of this activity will have common records of both sets based on Email address.