Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Target mapping of Delivery

Level 5

Hi there, 

I have added targeting mapping as recipient table for my delivery. However, I want to personalize the delivery other than recipient table attributes. 

For ex: I want to include a VIP number to the email delivery where the VIP column is not present in the recipient table. When i tried adding targetdata it says undefined. Please suggest.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rvnth , you can only be able to hardcode values in Seed address. So for the calculated field (which you had made in previous activities) either you can provide value manually as ***ABC*** in seed address and check for preview. Or Get your email address from query output and trigger a email to yourself and check for calculated VIP number rendering in your inbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

In your workflow, use enrichment before delivery

ParthaSarathy_1-1700636732267.png

Enrichment > Add data > A link > select link type and Target schema where you have VIP number > and reconcile your recipient schema and VIP schema.

And add VIP in output column.

ParthaSarathy_4-1700637239536.png

Run the workflow and right click the enrichment transition > Display target and make sure you have VIP column in it (in temporary schema) as shown below.

ParthaSarathy_2-1700636789244.png

And in Email body, you can configure it as below,

ParthaSarathy_0-1700636686586.png

<%= targetData.vip %>

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Is the Custom Schema linked to Recipients Schema?

If yes, you can try fetching the data from the link.

Example Syntax :  <%= recipient.CustomSchemasName.VIP %>

If it is not linked to nms:recipient Schema , then Please create a link between the Custom Schema and Recipient Schema or you can also use Enrichment activity to create a temporary link and use that link to fetch the data.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 5

Hi @LakshmiPravallika , 

These two schemas are already linked, can I use a query activity and add additional data. However, i have to mask the VIP numbers. So, I am using a query activity > Add data > added VIP here and using enrichment to mask the middle characters of VIP numbers. 

Best,

Revanth

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Yes, you can use the query activity and add the additional Data and mask the middle characters of VIP Numbers and use it as the targetData in the Delivery activity

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 5

Thank you again @LakshmiPravallika , do I need to change the target mapping in delivery under To seciton. please suggest

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Not required to change the Target Mapping as the Data will be present in the Temp Table of your Workflow.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 5

Hi @LakshmiPravallika , 

the parameters in email template are coming as <targetData.schemaname.VIP> but for some reasons when I try to preview the same, it's not showing any values of the worktable, in the email delivery. 

I can see the data with masked VIP in the transition , by displaying the results.  please suggest

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Have you assigned alias to the Masked VIP Number in the query's Additional Data as shown below.

LakshmiPravallika_0-1700733500913.png

You should be able to see the expression in Delivery as <%= targetData.MaskedVIPNumber %>. Once doing this, Please test it by sending a mail to your email address, If you are able to see in the email you received, its working fine,

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 5

I am just trying to preview the delivery and the targetdata values does not popup, will try to send an email. Thank you so much for your time.

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Your configurations are correct. But targetData won't work in preview (because it will expect data from input transition).

So if you want to test it, you need to add your mail id in seed address and in additional data of seed address, add vip number as targetData and have a preview using seed address.

Refer this link to know how to add targetData in seed address - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/targetdata-is-not-...

Or in query target your email address, and check in your inbox for preview.

Level 5

Thank you for your time, @ParthaSarathy  I will try the above solution and will update here.

Level 5

Hi @ParthaSarathy ,

preview is working only for the other column that I have added but not for the VIP column that has expression in it. After referring the target data in html email and in the seed addresses. Please suggest. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rvnth , you can only be able to hardcode values in Seed address. So for the calculated field (which you had made in previous activities) either you can provide value manually as ***ABC*** in seed address and check for preview. Or Get your email address from query output and trigger a email to yourself and check for calculated VIP number rendering in your inbox.

Level 5

Hi @ParthaSarathy , 

I tried the above by adding the column with some expression just to get the data in the desired format and when I tried to call that column in email template, it's not working for some reasons, but the other column which is not modified and when i call that in email template, it is working fine. 

For ex: I am using 2 columns of a specific schema for personalization in html email. 

one column that has VIP feature, when I use that in email it's showing the value 

the other column VIP number that was masked is not showing any value in the email template. 

After using the target data for seed address as well, it's not working . I mean it's not showing any value. 

Best,

Revanth