Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Specify "Period" parameter when generating report export using xtk.report

Level 2

Hello!

I'm automating some Message Center reports, using this as a basis:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/use-cases/m...

I'm specifically looking at the "Message Center Service Level" report, and I'm getting a basic PDF generated using this code:

var reportName = "messageCenterQualityOfService";
var path = "/home/customers/specsavers/incoming/Temp/mcqos.pdf";
var exportFormat = "PDF";
var _ctx = <ctx _context="global" _reportContext="messageCenterQualityOfService" />
var isAdhoc = 0;

xtk.report.export(reportName, _ctx, exportFormat, path, isAdhoc);

This generates a report based on the default parameters, "Channel", "Execution Instance" and "Period".

Can someone help me set the "_ctx" parameter so that I can generate the report for different "Periods". e.g. "1 week view" via JavaScript?

IainOllerenshaw_0-1659528951943.png

Thank you!

11 Replies

Employee

Hello,

Is it possible to check the debug view to see the context elements/attributes (and so parameters/values) available?

Level 2

Thank you, imicu.

I'm so sorry, how do I see the debug view of the report? It's an out-of-the-box report:

IainOllerenshaw_0-1659689284040.png

Many thanks!

Employee

I do not have that report in my sandbox, but what you can do it to go to Explorer > Administration > Configuration > Reports

From here you have 2 options:

1. Select the report, go to Properties and variable Tab and note the XPath for that variable.
  2. Select the report, go to Preview, select Global and tick 'Enable debug mode' checkbox. Play around with Period dropdown (refresh after changing the period) confirm that period tag modifies under vars. In my case (may not apply to you), it was looking like this 
<vars>
<period>7</period>
</vars>

All the variables defined in the variables tab are accesible under the ctx.vars.yourVariable

Once you identify the variable, you can use it in JS script by accessing with: 

ctx.vars.period = <VALUE>

Hope this helps.

Level 2

This is really helpful, thank you!

I've debugged, and have the parameter and value that I need to run the report for a 2-week period (period=336). However, after amending my JS I still get a default report (24-hour period).

var reportName = "messageCenterQualityOfService";
var path = "/home/customers/specsavers/incoming/Temp/mcqos.pdf";
var exportFormat = "PDF";
var _ctx = <ctx _context="global" _reportContext="messageCenterQualityOfService" />
_ctx.vars.period = 336;
var isAdhoc = 0;

xtk.report.export(reportName, _ctx, exportFormat, path, isAdhoc);

Is this code correct?

Sincere thanks for your help - I'm definitely having "a moment" here!

Employee

I believe it is suppose to be 

ctx.vars.period = 336;

without underscore.

Level 2

Hi and thanks for your help!

This causes the workflow to fail with the error:

24/08/2022 15:54:51	JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'WKF69644/js' line 7: ctx is not defined.

Any thoughts?

Level 2

Hi!

Sorry to keep bothering you about this!

I'm getting this error when using trying to reference "ctx.vars" in my JavaScript activity:

JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'WKF69644/js' line 7: ctx is not defined.

I'm guessing this is a Message Center "thing", but I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm running my Workflow in our campaign/control instance and the code is in a JavaScript activity, if that it relevant.

Any thoughts?

Administrator

Hi @imicu,

Could you please help @IainOllerenshaw further with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Administrator

Hi @IainOllerenshaw,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

No luck, unfortunately. I'm following this guide which makes use of a JavaScript activity. According to the documentation, there is no "ctx" object that I can use in this activity, yet that seems to be the recommended solution. I'm very new to this aspect of Campaign, so struggling a bit!

Level 2

Any help here? I haven't been able to get any further with this.