Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

SMS: Substitution of address

Avatar

Level 3

I am working in the UK with a system where the external SMS account requires SMS phone numbers prefixed 44(number).  When I try to send an SMS proof using a 44(number) via "Substitution of Address"  Adobe is converting the number to  0(number)  and the external account refuses to send.   It does this whether I use  0044(number) or +44(number) or 44(number) as the phone number to use.  I think this must be some configuration issue. Does anyone know what needs to be changed?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Level 3

My field in the external FDA table is defined as 

 

<attribute advanced="true" desc="International SMS number for SMS Campaigns"
expr="Iif(Length(@SMS)=11 and Substring(@SMS,1 ,2 )='07','44' + Substring(@SMS,2 ,Length(@SMS) ) , '')"
label="SEND_SMS" name="sendSMS" type="string"/>

 

so is actually already a virtual variable of a field called SMS

 

However, if I change this to 

<attribute advanced="true" dataPolicy="none" desc="International SMS number for SMS Campaigns"
expr="Iif(Length(@SMS)=11 and Substring(@SMS,1 ,2 )='07','44' + Substring(@SMS,2 ,Length(@SMS) ) , '')"
label="SEND_SMS" name="sendSMS" type="string"/>

 

Adobe stops converting   44(number) fields to 0(number)  when using Substitution of Address in a Proof.   

 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Avatar

Community Advisor

On the recipient extension schema, set the mobilephone data policy to none and try if that works.

 

<attribute desc="Mobile" name="mobilePhone" type="string" label="Mobile" length="15" dataPolicy="none"/>

Avatar

Community Advisor

Hi @david--garcia ,

I'm interested about this, because I just made the test on a different target type (not the recipient but custom schema) that has no datapolicy on the mobilePhone field, I checked the delivery/fcpParameters/substitution/@address definition and no policy at all, but the proof process still makes the change (I tryied to force internationnal format number 0033XXXXXXXXX in the substitution/@address => got 0XXXXXXXXX local format number in the proof broadlog).

Are you sure that proof process follows the mapped field datapolicy ? Can another datapolicy apply in the preparation process ?

Cedric

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

 

My table is an external table so is not related to recipient and so has no data policy, exactly as described by CedricRey in his post.

Avatar

Correct answer by
Level 3

My field in the external FDA table is defined as 

 

<attribute advanced="true" desc="International SMS number for SMS Campaigns"
expr="Iif(Length(@SMS)=11 and Substring(@SMS,1 ,2 )='07','44' + Substring(@SMS,2 ,Length(@SMS) ) , '')"
label="SEND_SMS" name="sendSMS" type="string"/>

 

so is actually already a virtual variable of a field called SMS

 

However, if I change this to 

<attribute advanced="true" dataPolicy="none" desc="International SMS number for SMS Campaigns"
expr="Iif(Length(@SMS)=11 and Substring(@SMS,1 ,2 )='07','44' + Substring(@SMS,2 ,Length(@SMS) ) , '')"
label="SEND_SMS" name="sendSMS" type="string"/>

 

Adobe stops converting   44(number) fields to 0(number)  when using Substitution of Address in a Proof.   

 

Avatar

Employee Advisor

@davidm1708369 :

You can check "Store all phone numbers using the international format" option.

Please confirm if that helps.