Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Continous delivery is generating new delivery id every time it runs

Level 4

Hi Team, We are using on-premise campaign v7 solution. In a continous delivery, when we run with expression in computed delivery label as "<%= delivery.label %>", it is aggregating the deliveries and generating only a single id and adding the news ones on top of it. However, when using 

<%= delivery.label %><%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y/%2M/%2D") %>, this one is generating a new delivery everytime it runs (even multiple deliveries a single day).

Could someone please let me know if this is expected behavior or I am doing something wrong

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@supratim320 :

This is the expected behavior for continuous delivery.

It certainly doesn't create a new delivery but rather adds these sends to the previous logs of the same delivery.

I’m assuming that for the subsequent deliveries, additional recipients where targeted in the past and this new execution added more to the list.

Depending on how often the deliveries were executed, you might still be able to see previous sends in the logs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @supratim320 ,

Yes Its an expected behavior. 

If the delivery label is computed as <%= delivery.label %><%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y/%2M/%2D") %> then for each run a new delivery will get created.

To avoid it, you can hardcode delivery label followed by time format,

example, myDeliveryLabel_<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y/%2M/%2D") %> but here also a new single delivery will be created each day.

Level 4

Hi @ParthaSarathy , Thank you for the apt reply, however, I have a follow up question. I made the test again with below data:

label: abc Test

Analysis tab label computation: <%= delivery.label %>_1

The delivery was run 3 times in the same day and it created 3 deliveies all vwith same label using continous delivery. I was expecting it to create single delivery which gets population added. Could you please explain this behavior.

Thank you!

Administrator

Hi @ParthaSarathy,

Could you please help @supratim320 further with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@supratim320 :

This is the expected behavior for continuous delivery.

It certainly doesn't create a new delivery but rather adds these sends to the previous logs of the same delivery.

I’m assuming that for the subsequent deliveries, additional recipients where targeted in the past and this new execution added more to the list.

Depending on how often the deliveries were executed, you might still be able to see previous sends in the logs.