Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

SMPP Configuration not working

Level 3

Hi,

We recently configured an SMPP external account in Adobe Campaign classic.

At first the SMS setup was working. There were no issues. And suddenly, we started seeing. 

SMPP connection with 'IP' deactivated.

We contacted vendor about this to which they replied, 

1. Please check the posts configured - (Configured as per given details)

2. Please check if username and password is set properly (Details configured accurately).

3. Please provide TCP dumps. (We shared)

4. Please check if IPs whitelisted. IPs got whitelisted hence it was working before.

After going back and forth with all these details, we approached Adobe Support team to capture TCP dumps by setting up verbose on live call. We are still unable to figure out what's the issue.

Most of the time we are getting this error in campaign - SMPP message cancelled after connection has been closed.

And in vendor side they are getting this error - ERROR: Bind for system "xxxxxx" pswd "xxxxxx" type "TRANSMITTER" not found.

I even checked the mta_child logs and found this error

1. Failed to connect to MTA 'IP with Port from 'IP with port'. (iRc=-53)

2. IOB-090007 Network error (bind(), errno=99: Cannot assign requested address) (iRc=-61)

3. SMPP connection with 'SMPP IP WITH PORT' lost: enquire_link waiting period expired.

At this point we are still unclear about this issue and not sure what to do.

Can anyone please give suggestions after this? I'm sharing some config screenshots.

krishnakanth_patnaik_cc_0-1696851135994.png

krishnakanth_patnaik_cc_1-1696851164785.png

Thanks,

Krishna

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

HI @krishnakanth_patnaik_cc 

I suppose you've reviewed the documentation on the topic

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-...

Especially ensuring with the SMS provider that the connection they have on their side is of type Transmitter+receiver (or TX+RX) as indicated that ACC supports only this way.

You also must ensure ACC does not open too many connections that the SMS provider account can cope with, so do ask the SM provider the number of binds they have allocated to the account on their end.... if yous end too opens too many connections the SMS provider will block them, although they should see it in their logs.

Look carefully of the formula for the number of bindings that ACC will generate in the connection setting section https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-....

Number of MTAs are the number of application servers / containers the marketing instance has while number of MTA child processes is the maxthread condif on the servercong. xml file.....

You need to align all of the settings of the external account with the SMS provider and I would say your external account is not configured aligned with what the SMS provider account provides on their end..

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Dens 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

HI @krishnakanth_patnaik_cc 

I suppose you've reviewed the documentation on the topic

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-...

Especially ensuring with the SMS provider that the connection they have on their side is of type Transmitter+receiver (or TX+RX) as indicated that ACC supports only this way.

You also must ensure ACC does not open too many connections that the SMS provider account can cope with, so do ask the SM provider the number of binds they have allocated to the account on their end.... if yous end too opens too many connections the SMS provider will block them, although they should see it in their logs.

Look carefully of the formula for the number of bindings that ACC will generate in the connection setting section https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-....

Number of MTAs are the number of application servers / containers the marketing instance has while number of MTA child processes is the maxthread condif on the servercong. xml file.....

You need to align all of the settings of the external account with the SMS provider and I would say your external account is not configured aligned with what the SMS provider account provides on their end..

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Dens 

I was in call with both Adobe and Vendor teams till now.

We have configured 3 different accounts (tx2, tx1, promo).

Each account has different account name and port but of same IP.

We have configured the same accounts in Stage as well (In Mid sourcing).

Im assuming this could be the reason for messages to fail.

Here promo is working and tx2 is not working (Haven't checked tx1).

We have setup a call for tomorrow as well. Hopefully this is the root cause and once accounts removed from mid stage instance, it should work. I will update with the details on this. 

Thank you for your inputs. You can add if you have inputs on above context as well.

Thanks,

Krishna

I'm closing this and created a new discussion.

For anyone facing similar issue. Please check this discussion.

Unable to send SMS with new SMPP account. - Adobe Experience League Community - 626674