Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Setting a Variable in WF to be used in another WF

Level 3

Hello, 

I created the following variable in an Enrichment just before a Delivery activity: 

montezh2001_0-1653431304993.png

But when I try to pull that variable into the Delivery Script as a Delivery, I get an error: 

montezh2001_2-1653431505529.png

montezh2001_3-1653431717605.pngmontezh2001_4-1653431748488.png

Any ideas on what I'm missing?  I can see the variable created, but not sure why it's not getting recognized. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @montezh2001 

You are trying to save the value of the dmOutboundFlag in the delivery schema and there is no such field in the schema.

Replace

delivery.dmOutboundFlag =vars.dmOutboundFlag;

with

delivery.variables._var[0] = vars.dmOutboundFlag;

Then in the delivery properties create a variable with the name "dmOutboundFlag".

Now you can use this variable in the email delivery like this.

<%= variables.dmOutboundFlag %>

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @montezh2001 

You are trying to save the value of the dmOutboundFlag in the delivery schema and there is no such field in the schema.

Replace

delivery.dmOutboundFlag =vars.dmOutboundFlag;

with

delivery.variables._var[0] = vars.dmOutboundFlag;

Then in the delivery properties create a variable with the name "dmOutboundFlag".

Now you can use this variable in the email delivery like this.

<%= variables.dmOutboundFlag %>

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Thank you for your help. 

This didn't work for what I was trying to do, but it was a solution for another problem I was having. 

For the original problem, I set an Option in the outbound workflow, and in the Inbound workflow that was triggered from the outbound, I used a getOption in a Test activity to determine which transition my workflow needed to process. I reset the option once a path was established. 

Thank you again.