Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sending email through alternate email using Custom Schema

Level 4

Hi 

I have a custom schema for storing customer details that includes a field for email and alternate email. If the alternate email field is empty, the email should be sent through email data. Otherwise, it should be sent through alternate email.

and what would be the changes in recurring delivery as im sending through custom schema ?
FYI: The custom schema has linked in recipient table .
So can anyone help me achieve that?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @vani97 

You will have to update the recipient email with the valid email address

If the email field is valid, then update the recipient profile with the email attrbiute

if the email field is empty, then update the recipient profile with an alternate attrbiute

Here is what you can use

Iif(@email='',@alternateEmail ,@email )

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ 

Thanks for it and im Not yet cleared on this logic 

in custom schema as Customer details that includes a field for email and alternate email. If the alternate email field is empty, the email should be sent through email data. Otherwise, it should be sent through alternate email.

So could you help me on this?

Community Advisor

Hello @vani97 

You must populate the recipient email with the correct email address for this.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Sure 
My question is to the both attribute (email and alternate email have valid addresses)
But while sending an email if the alternate email adress is empty it should send through email(attribute) address 
Or else it should send through alternate email address

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @vani97 

You will have to update the recipient email with the valid email address

If the email field is valid, then update the recipient profile with the email attrbiute

if the email field is empty, then update the recipient profile with an alternate attrbiute

Here is what you can use

Iif(@email='',@alternateEmail ,@email )

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn