Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Search for data fields used in all workflows

AC_Bella
Level 2
Level 2

Hi y'all,

I hope one of you is able to help me

I have to change the name of a field in a data schema. That field is used in several workflows (queries, enrichment, extraction...). When I change the name in the data schema I need to adjust the queries and so on. Is there a way to get a list of all workflows which use the edited field? I do not wanna go through every single activity of each workflow (we have lots!).

The only thing I managed so far is a list of all workflows with the text of queries... I am thankful for any hints!

Best,

Bella

1 Accepted Solution
Jonathon_wodnicki
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Didn't realize that was possible, xtk still surprises me. Alright follow these steps:

1. Create a new workflow folder, right-click it, properties, restriction tab, check this folder is a view, ok, ignore warning
  2. Add a filter, data contains old field etc
  3. Select all workflows that appear, paging display as needed (click double-arrow under scrollbar)
  4. Right-click, actions, export in a package, export now, copy to vs code or notepad++ (notepad can have issues with utf-8)
  5. Save to desktop as backup file
  6. Replace-all to change the old fields to the new ones
  7. Save to desktop as new file
  8. Import new file to Campaign
  9. Delete workflow folder from 1

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jonathon_wodnicki
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi,

Use generic query editor (under Tools at top menu) to search xtk:workflow, the ‘data’ field. Put folder/@fullname in the result fields.

Thanks,

-Jon

AC_Bella
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Jon,

thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately, that is not what I needed. Your suggestions returns the path were the workflows can be found. But I need to know which workflows have the field I changed, first.

For example: I need to rename EMAIL_NUTZUNG. After the change I have to adjust all workflows which use that field. So far I only managed to get this: of all workflows the text of one query.

1680325_pastedImage_0.png

Not really helpful since I have to check every single query in the list and I can't see whether the field EMAIL_NUTZUNG is used in other activities of the workflow too...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bella

Jonathon_wodnicki
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Add internal name to the result fields.

For activity-level search, edit the workflow xml (ctrl-f4 when viewing), then find-all the text by pasting into vs code or notepad++.

AC_Bella
Level 2
Level 2

That helps a little, thanks!

But the other problem remains: if a workflow has several queries the generic query editor only returns the text of one. The following one has 5.

1681169_pastedImage_0.png

<col>

<val>WKF1049</val>

</col>

<col>

<val>Abfrage: ANZ_PRD_KREDIT_KART gleich 0</val>

</col>

<col>

<val>Onboarding_ITPPC-17</val>

</col>

Do you know how I can get the text of all queries in a workflow?

Jonathon_wodnicki
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Didn't realize that was possible, xtk still surprises me. Alright follow these steps:

1. Create a new workflow folder, right-click it, properties, restriction tab, check this folder is a view, ok, ignore warning
  2. Add a filter, data contains old field etc
  3. Select all workflows that appear, paging display as needed (click double-arrow under scrollbar)
  4. Right-click, actions, export in a package, export now, copy to vs code or notepad++ (notepad can have issues with utf-8)
  5. Save to desktop as backup file
  6. Replace-all to change the old fields to the new ones
  7. Save to desktop as new file
  8. Import new file to Campaign
  9. Delete workflow folder from 1

View solution in original post

AC_Bella
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you so much, Jon! That's exactly what I needed! You saved my day!!!

Have a great weekend!

Best, Isabelle