Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

"Refresh for Deliverability WKF" failing

Level 4

What does "Refresh for Deliverability WKF" do?
In Adobe website it is mentioned as

"Refresh for Deliverability WKF"
This workflow runs nightly
and manages the bounce emails qualification rules,
as well as the list of domains and MXs.
This requires the HTTPS port to be open on the platform.

But i dont understanding anything from this description
"cAN U PLEASE HELP ME TO EXPALIN IN LAYMAN TERMS WHAT DOES THIS
"Refresh for Deliverability WKF" actually do?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 

It fails as the Deliverability Server has been decommisionned on 31st August 2022 and you should have received a communication earlier this year and summer about it. Since you're not on 9349, there is not fix available for the version you are on whatever it is. You can stop the workflow.

Since you are Hybrid, the impact is minor as the rules are updated on the mid-sourcing instance which is the instance sending your email.

the details it normally updates are available in the Rules set part of the Client Console

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1664371743699.png

MX Rules and inbound email rules.

At the moment, since the Deliverability Server is no longer accessible, you can stop the workflow. the only impact on the marketing side is that the Global suppression list is no longer updated, this list is not updated that often so as long as your mid-sourcing instance is on 9349, you should be good...

Thanks a lot

Denis

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 

It updates all the necessary elements required by Adobe Campaign to ensure a good delivery of your email messages. All these elements are the one mentioned in the documentation.

What deployment mode have you got? are you fully hosted by Adobe, or on-prem or hybrid?

Which version are you on? By now, you should be on 7.2.2 build 9349 or you should have a upgrade project to get on that release.

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

Can u please tell me what exactly it uodates

and since this wkf is failinng from past 2days what will be the inpact??

also we are in hybrid model

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 

It fails as the Deliverability Server has been decommisionned on 31st August 2022 and you should have received a communication earlier this year and summer about it. Since you're not on 9349, there is not fix available for the version you are on whatever it is. You can stop the workflow.

Since you are Hybrid, the impact is minor as the rules are updated on the mid-sourcing instance which is the instance sending your email.

the details it normally updates are available in the Rules set part of the Client Console

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1664371743699.png

MX Rules and inbound email rules.

At the moment, since the Deliverability Server is no longer accessible, you can stop the workflow. the only impact on the marketing side is that the Global suppression list is no longer updated, this list is not updated that often so as long as your mid-sourcing instance is on 9349, you should be good...

Thanks a lot

Denis

Level 4

Thanks a ton!

it is really helpful 

but our mid is also on build 9342

now what to do in this case???

Level 4

Also please tell me what is globL suppression list

Employee Advisor

Global suppression list are list used behind the scene in the Exclusion address and Exclusion Domain typology rules, not updated that often so you should be fine until you upgrade.

As for your mid-sourcing, since you are on 9342, an hotfix should have been deployed on the mid-sourcing instance to migrate it to the new Deliverability Server. Since you can't connect to the instance itself, you would have to request if it has been done via a Customer Care ticket.

Thanks a lot

Denis

Level 4

Thanks one last question from. My side

so

my bad…

actually our mid serverr is on 9349 and marketing server is on 9342 

and this wkf “refresh for deliverability is failing “ ok so now my final ques to u is 

i und u said impact os minimal and we can stop the wkf in marketing server 

but would u recommend to upgrade our marketing instance in this case???

or we can simply stop this wkf on marketing server 9342 and don’t update upgrade our marketing sever to 9349—will that beoky

how long this approach is okay okay??or a build upgrade we shouydo

please please sugggest

Employee Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 

The recommendation is to upgrade your on-prem instance to 9349.

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

If we donot upgrade it for next couple of months.

and simply stop this wkf—-is that okya

or upgarde to 9349 should be done asap

Employee Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 

Stop the workflow as off now and plan the upgrade properly on your end, Every customer is different however when it comes to upgrade, you have to follow your internal procedure, your instance on 9342 will be fine for couple of months while you are working on the upgrade project. but do plan the upgrade project now to targer production upgrade after Christmas, it leaves you until Christmas to upgrade and validate lower environments that you certainly have.

thanks

Denis

Level 4

Thanks anlot for sharing info

but yeah i need your suggestion in one thing

first off all,my apologies 

my colleague gave me worng info

so actually

currently our marketing server is on 9342 and mid is also on 9342

in order to make nee deliverbolity server compatible with our mid —a hotfix has been applied by adobe team on our kid on 8th aug 2022(hotfix was applied —build yoga was nit performed —mid sever is still on 9342)

now after 31st aug—refresh for deliverability is failing even after applying hotfix

wht we can do in this case to make this tech wkf refresh for deliverability wkf work here now??

please help and suggest something 

Employee Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 

That changes indeed the topic. have they done the migration to the new Deliverability Server on the marketing instance.

Instructions to migrate to new Deliverability Server can be found here

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/technotes/technote-migration/delivera... 

has it been done?

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

Shruti1_0-1664442501192.png

are u asking--whether these implementaion steps have been performed on marketing server or not? corretc?

Level 4

@Denis_Bozonnet 

Shruti1_0-1664447901913.png

are u asking--whether these implementaion steps have been performed on marketing server or not? corretc?