Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

"Add new folder" for non-admins

Level 4

Hi,

Is it possible to add the possibility for non administrators to add new folders to the AC folder structure of any kind?

As far as I can tell the "Add new folder" menu option is only available for administrators, can it be added to other operators/groups somehow? Non administrators seem to be able to only add folders of the same type as the parent (other menu option "Create new 'XYZ' folder").

If not, does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

Regards,

Jonas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes so it's a ootb set up to avoid the non-admin users to create any folders everywhere. The idea is to force the to keep the navigation tree that was created for them.

That being said you can extend the navigation  and remove the sysFilter there. I think it will just give them the same rights as an admin. so for migration/upgrade purpose, it may be better to give to these advanced users admin rights 

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jonas,

You can add the following named rights INSERT FOLDERS, EDIT FOLDERS, DELETE FOLDER to the operators or operator groups.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 4

Hi David,

Did you try this?

From what I can tell those rights only seem to apply to the case I described, creating folders of the same type as parent (menu option "Create new 'XYZ' folder").

I would like non-administrators to be able to "Add new folder" and add other folder types.

Regards,

Jonas

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes so it's a ootb set up to avoid the non-admin users to create any folders everywhere. The idea is to force the to keep the navigation tree that was created for them.

That being said you can extend the navigation  and remove the sysFilter there. I think it will just give them the same rights as an admin. so for migration/upgrade purpose, it may be better to give to these advanced users admin rights 

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Hi David,

Sorry to reply on this post.

Just for my information, which navigation are you referring to where there is a sys filter that could be removed?

Thank you,

Jose