Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Question on FDA

Level 5

Hi Team, 

Quick question on FDA connectors in Adobe Campaign, Campaign users are using the FDA connectors to connect to external DB, since the tables they pull are too heavy, app server which is holding the DB are getting slowed down drastically when there is a parallel pull is happening. 

Most of the time, the pull from external DB is done just for testing purpose.  

So what i want to do is restrict the pull or limit the pull from the external DB when the connection is made. But i dont see any option where we can use any limitation directly in the connectors. 

Can some one suggest me any work around or any best possible restricts to imply. 

Thanks,
Adithya

So let me know if you have any work around or inputs for me on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @adithyacs86 ,

In your case, One way is to limit the number of connections can be established to your database. You will have to change configuration of your database server for this. But the drawback of this is if the connections are used by Adobe campaigns pull then the request coming from other applications will fail with maximum connection reached error.

I would suggest your to increase the instance size (CPU/RAM) to overcome this issue.

FDA connection is use to make connection and pull the data. Right now it is not possible to limit the number of connections/reqeusts.

Thanks,

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @adithyacs86 ,

In your case, One way is to limit the number of connections can be established to your database. You will have to change configuration of your database server for this. But the drawback of this is if the connections are used by Adobe campaigns pull then the request coming from other applications will fail with maximum connection reached error.

I would suggest your to increase the instance size (CPU/RAM) to overcome this issue.

FDA connection is use to make connection and pull the data. Right now it is not possible to limit the number of connections/reqeusts.

Thanks,

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn