Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Querying the Pre-header text

Level 2

If we include a pre-header text in the AEM container; after the email is sent, can we query the back tables to retrieve it? For instance, if I query the Delivery schema, will I be able to pull in a field?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @rntrp,

In AEM, when you send an email using a delivery, the pre-header text that you included in the container is generally not saved as a separate field in the delivery schema.

However, you can retrieve the pre-header text by using the AEM APIs to extract the HTML content of the email message, and then parse the HTML to extract the pre-header text from the appropriate element.

Alternatively, you can use an email service provider (ESP) that allows you to specify a pre-header text separately from the main email content. In this case, you can retrieve the pre-header text from the ESP's API or reporting tools.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @rntrp,

In AEM, when you send an email using a delivery, the pre-header text that you included in the container is generally not saved as a separate field in the delivery schema.

However, you can retrieve the pre-header text by using the AEM APIs to extract the HTML content of the email message, and then parse the HTML to extract the pre-header text from the appropriate element.

Alternatively, you can use an email service provider (ESP) that allows you to specify a pre-header text separately from the main email content. In this case, you can retrieve the pre-header text from the ESP's API or reporting tools.