Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

querying recipients of a particular delivery in the past 24 hours

Level 2

Hello, I'm trying to create a query that will look at the event date of a recipient who received a Welcome Email but did not open it in the last 24 hours. For example on 8/14 I want to send another email to recipients who were sent the first email on 8/13 but did not open it. I'm having a problem with calculating the event date. If I hardcode the date I can get it to work. but when I use 'current date minus n days' the query just spins and doesn't produce a result.

1813422_pastedImage_1.png

any ideas?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Edwardr,

Please try below and let me know how it goes

For Speedup your query

A) Try to use your query as

Targeting dimension is Deliveries and

Filtering dimension Recipient delivery logs

Extra check for scenario like this :

B) Add check for status of delivery : You don't want to track for those who never received delivery .

C) Add a check to avoid Proof/Seed Emails

Thanks,

Kapil

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Edward,

Your query on the eventDate seems to be correct. However, you can remove "recipient delivery logs exist" as you are already querying upon the same using "exist such as" operator.

You can just try re-running the query.

Thanks,

Anita

Level 2

Thank you for your prompt reply. I removed the additional 'recipient delivery log exist' line and ran it again, but no dice. the query is staying in limbo with the gear at the top running. Like you mentioned the query regarding the event date seems correct. in fact, when I hard code the dates I get the recipient population I'm looking for. this only happens when I try using a function.

Level 2

UPDATE: IT RAN! however, it took 9 minutes to do so. I figure there is probably a more efficient way of doing this.

Level 7

Yes , efficiency is a key here .

In your query ,you can probably use "Recipient delivery logs" in the filtering dimension and "Recipient" in the targeting as these two are linked .

Thanks,

Anita

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Edwardr,

Please try below and let me know how it goes

For Speedup your query

A) Try to use your query as

Targeting dimension is Deliveries and

Filtering dimension Recipient delivery logs

Extra check for scenario like this :

B) Add check for status of delivery : You don't want to track for those who never received delivery .

C) Add a check to avoid Proof/Seed Emails

Thanks,

Kapil

Level 2

Thank a lot all! it worked in 18 seconds now!