Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Query segmenting users that have not clicked on email URL

Level 2

Hi Team, 

I am trying to build a simple query to identify anyone who has not clicked on a specific URL in an email. I'm using the Recipient tracking log as the filtering dimension and I've created a filter using 'Internal name (delivery@internalName)' And 'URL label (URL/@label)' , however the result of the query still shows records that have have clicked on the URL. Are there additional filters that may need to be applied to segment this query or is the filtering dimension being used incorrect? 

Frankie_d_0-1683508834251.png

Thanks

Frankie 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Keep what you have targeting dimension as Recipients and filtering dimension as Tracking logs. Try to use the field (url/@type) and source URL to get the appropriate recipient tracking for the specific URL.

SatheeskannaK_1-1683514028364.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Keep what you have targeting dimension as Recipients and filtering dimension as Tracking logs. Try to use the field (url/@type) and source URL to get the appropriate recipient tracking for the specific URL.

SatheeskannaK_1-1683514028364.png

Thanks, Sathees

Community Advisor

Hi @Frankie_d ,

For all actions performed by a Recipient on the delivery (like email open, click on link1, link2, link3 etc) a respective records will get created in tracking log schema.

So If a recipient had opened an email and clicked on 2 links, 3 records will get created in tracking log schema. In this case, If you do a query as recipient who had not clicked on link2, but still he had record on link1, the recipient will come as output.

Solution:

ParthaSarathy_0-1683524282040.png

Query1:

Targeting Dimension: Recipient

Filtering Dimension: Recipient tracking log

Fetch all the recipient who had tracking log records on the particular delivery.

ParthaSarathy_1-1683524338131.png

Query 2:

Targeting Dimension: Recipient

Filtering Dimension: Recipient tracking log

Fetch all the recipient who had clicked on the particular URL (which you dont want to be targeted as part of your requirement).

ParthaSarathy_2-1683524473741.png

Exclusion:

Set Query 1 as primary set

ParthaSarathy_3-1683524514435.png

As result, Recipients who has not clicked on a specific URL (URL mentioned in Query2) will be targeted.