Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Public IP for Setup SMS channel

Level 2

I am trying to setup an SMS external account.  The SMS provider requires the public IP address to be whitelisted on their side in order to connect to the SMPP server.
I have tried a couple IP addresses given to me by the Adobe Support team, but neither have worked.  I can see in the logs on the MTA the connector attempting the connection with no success.

Has anyone else had this same challenge getting the correct public IP for connecting to an SMS vendor?  If so what are the steps you had to take to get connected?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Create a workflow with a js activity, in it paste logInfo(execCommand('curl icanhazip.com')[1])

Run the workflow, then audit log will have your correct egress ip.

NB Adobe's AWS/Azure instance may have a range of IP's assigned, but this should suffice for immediate testing.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

Hi kevinh95689533​,

Check this link SMS channel  which contains the detailed info.

Regards,

Venu

Level 2

Thank you Venu for your reply.  I have read the documentation at the link you provided, however it does not speak to the issue I am having.  I have the application external account configured with all the vendor given parameters.  The issue I am having is at a network layer.  The application is not able to make a network connection with the vendor server.  I can see in the logs that the initial BIND PDU is failing to connect to the vendor SMPP server.

Have you successfully setup an SMPP connection where the SMS provider requires whitelisting the incoming IP address?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Create a workflow with a js activity, in it paste logInfo(execCommand('curl icanhazip.com')[1])

Run the workflow, then audit log will have your correct egress ip.

NB Adobe's AWS/Azure instance may have a range of IP's assigned, but this should suffice for immediate testing.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thank you Jon for the suggestion!