Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

PDF attachment in database

Level 4

Hello, I have a delivery prepared with an attached personalized PDF file.

Heku__0-1681201554057.png

I would like to see where is that PDF in the database, I've explored the nms:Delivery Data Schema and I can't find it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ 

The PDF is personalized on the fly while sending out the delivery. Only the template is stored on the servers. You can take this similar to personalised email templates, where the code resides in the email template and when the delivery is sent out they get personalized and reaches the customer.

If you want to preview, you can select the recipient and see how does the PDF renders based on personalizations.

Follow the link for more details.

Regards

A

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Heku_ ,

When you attach a file with attach icon in email delivery, it is stored on Adobe campaign server on upload folder. 

Path of folder: Adobe Campaign Classic v7\var\instance_name\upload

PFA: Screenshot of folder

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1681206293326.png

There file is stored with md5 name.

You can find this md5 name in your delivery XML also.

<attachment codepage="0" compressMode="print" contentType="application/pdf" filterActive="false"
              label="PruebaPDF.docx" loaded="1" md5="3f59978f29b71b89fdc0884de21fdebf"
              nameScriptActive="false" size="52927" storageType="0" type="normal"
              upload="true">

When you send delivery, adobe campaign attach that file from that folder.

This is not stored in database. 

I hope this will help you.

Kr, 

Parvesh

Level 4

There I can see the docx, but i can't see the personalized pdf generated.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ 

The PDF is personalized on the fly while sending out the delivery. Only the template is stored on the servers. You can take this similar to personalised email templates, where the code resides in the email template and when the delivery is sent out they get personalized and reaches the customer.

If you want to preview, you can select the recipient and see how does the PDF renders based on personalizations.

Follow the link for more details.

Regards

A