Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Password Protected Personalized PDF in Email Attachments

nitesha38268385
Level 2
Level 2

Hi guys,

I want to send the Password Protected Personalized PDF as an Email Attachments. 

I know how to make these pdf personalized for email attachments, but is there a way to make these pdf password protected?

Regards,

Nitesh.

1 Accepted Solution
Darren_Bowers
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Acrobat Pro does allow you to password protect PDFs and also has a command-line interface (CLI). From memory, you should be able use either the command-line for Acrobat to password protect a document on a server (windows server only).

There are also tools like AEM Forms / Livecycle that can create workflows / watched folders to do this, but its very expensive option just to password protect PDFs. I would look into the free/cheap PDF API tools out there (CutePDF / pdfgeneratorapi) which should also be able to add a password into a PDF as its part of the standard.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Darren_Bowers
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Acrobat Pro does allow you to password protect PDFs and also has a command-line interface (CLI). From memory, you should be able use either the command-line for Acrobat to password protect a document on a server (windows server only).

There are also tools like AEM Forms / Livecycle that can create workflows / watched folders to do this, but its very expensive option just to password protect PDFs. I would look into the free/cheap PDF API tools out there (CutePDF / pdfgeneratorapi) which should also be able to add a password into a PDF as its part of the standard.

View solution in original post

Diksha036
Level 1
Level 1
@Nitesh could you please elaborate more on to make personalized pdf ?