Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Package migration and issue around changing file on server

Community Advisor

Hi all,

1. Whilst doing file resources package migration, is there a way to automate the uploading/publishing of files on the new environment? currently I am having to import file resource package on new environment then manually upload the physical files... is this expected or am I missing something?
  2. On the other hand, say I have a css file called styling.css, I then decide to replace the server version by uploading the same styling.css which includes extra code; ACC skips the file as it already exists in server and doesnt overwrite or replace it, I am having to reupload the file under a different name, is this expected? or is something broken?

david_garcia1_0-1616697911827.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi,

1. Yes, you have to make all the SOAP calls (iirc 3?) and the upload call to do each one. The calls can be captured with Fiddler or any web debugging proxy. You can also cheat and upload a zip file to Public resources then use execCommand() to unpack it, which is what I normally do since it's faster than figuring out the calls.

2. Sounds like a bug? File check should be on checksum, md5 in old builds sha in new ones. There's a checkbox in Public resources that controls this, 'Unique file name' in Advanced parameters, though prob not relevant here.

Thanks,

-Jon