Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Need to download only one file from s3

Level 1

I have a process where I need to retrieve the most recent file from an s3 bucket and use it to target specific customers in a recurring delivery. However, files are written to this bucket multiple times in a day and are saved for 14 days. Campaign only has read access to this bucket, so I can't archive the delete the files.

When I run the workflow, I load not only the newest file, but the others as well, which causes multiple deliveries to be triggered.

The file transfer is set to download and the server folder is configured like this: 

gkbowe_1-1716612128958.png

gkbowe_0-1716611515945.png

How can I load only one file or how can I filter out the other files in the workflow so multiple files dont trigger multiple deliveries?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @gkbowe 

Are you facing any issues with your current configuration? I think you are on the right path to get the latest file.

Here are the steps that I would follow:

1. list the file

2. extract the timestamp from file name

3. check which timestamp is latest

4. pick the file with latest timestamp

5. pass the filename to get file from s3 activity

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @gkbowe 

Are you facing any issues with your current configuration? I think you are on the right path to get the latest file.

Here are the steps that I would follow:

1. list the file

2. extract the timestamp from file name

3. check which timestamp is latest

4. pick the file with latest timestamp

5. pass the filename to get file from s3 activity

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn