Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

CC v7 Migrating to OAuth

Level 2

Hello All,

I'm reaching to see if the Community can help clarifying some questions I have regarding migrating our JWT credentials over to OAuth S2S.  Even though out JWT will work till Jan. 2025 I am working on getting ahead of this.  Migrating our Project over in the Developers Console is easy enough and straight forward, and our Campaign API is attached to the project.  Where I'm having issues finding the solution for is verifying the new credentials in our App Server like we have in the past with JWT's public/private key.  In the past we have encoded the private key and ran a command line script with our companies info included.

nlserver config -instance:name -setimsjwtauth::<ImsOrgId>/<ClientId>/<TechnicalAccountId>/<ClientSecret>/<content of private.key.base64.txt>

I have reached out to Adobe Support as well, but am using all resources to find a solution.  I've went through the documentation regarding the OAuth migration and haven't been able to find a clear answer.

As always, appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Shaun

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ / Adobe Community,

Just wanted to provide a status update regarding my original post regarding the migration to OAuth S2S for our Projects/APIs in the Developers Console.  I have gotten confirmation from Adobe Support and an Adobe Consultant we have used in the past that I have kept in touch with that SPECIFICALLY for our instance we have to wait for an upcoming new version to be released in the coming months.  

The information provided states that OAuth isn't even compatible with our version or the latest version available.  For example we are using CCv7 current version/build 7.3.3 build 9359, we are going to upgrade to the latest version 7.3.5 build 9368 on our Dev/Stage environment, test to ensure there are no issues then upgrade our Prod environment.  From there we will have to wait for the release of the newest version 7.4.1 build (unknown) then perform this upgrade in the fall.  My plan is to upgrade in the fall so A) still gives us time before the JST depreciation date in Jan. 2025 and B) gives the newest release time in the market so any initial bugs/issues may be patched.

Per the information I have (for our instance) OAuth isn't compatible with any version/build until the newest release.

Hope this information helps if anyone else had questions or where having issues.  If you are I would reach out to Support to verify if your current version/build is compatible with OAuth.

Thanks,

Shaun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @shaunhill 

Did you follow the process mentioned here?

https://developer.adobe.com/developer-console/docs/guides/authentication/ServerToServerAuthenticatio...

You can verify the credentials by using the access token to rotate the keys. If the the token is accepted then it will work.

Here is a doc on how to rotate token:

https://developer.adobe.com/developer-console/docs/guides/authentication/ServerToServerAuthenticatio...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Thanks for the reply and documentation.  I have went through those documents and the specific answer to my question is not answered.  Adobe Support has confirmed that for our specific On-Prem instance the command line is not documented and they are working on gathering information.  Once I have this resolved I'll update this post in case other users run into the same issue.

Thanks,

Shaun

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ / Adobe Community,

Just wanted to provide a status update regarding my original post regarding the migration to OAuth S2S for our Projects/APIs in the Developers Console.  I have gotten confirmation from Adobe Support and an Adobe Consultant we have used in the past that I have kept in touch with that SPECIFICALLY for our instance we have to wait for an upcoming new version to be released in the coming months.  

The information provided states that OAuth isn't even compatible with our version or the latest version available.  For example we are using CCv7 current version/build 7.3.3 build 9359, we are going to upgrade to the latest version 7.3.5 build 9368 on our Dev/Stage environment, test to ensure there are no issues then upgrade our Prod environment.  From there we will have to wait for the release of the newest version 7.4.1 build (unknown) then perform this upgrade in the fall.  My plan is to upgrade in the fall so A) still gives us time before the JST depreciation date in Jan. 2025 and B) gives the newest release time in the market so any initial bugs/issues may be patched.

Per the information I have (for our instance) OAuth isn't compatible with any version/build until the newest release.

Hope this information helps if anyone else had questions or where having issues.  If you are I would reach out to Support to verify if your current version/build is compatible with OAuth.

Thanks,

Shaun

Level 1

Many thanks Shaun for this feedback!

We're in the same situation as you (V7.3.2 Build 9356 and on-premise) and we can't integrate OAuth on the command line like JWT.

I also contacted Adobe support in December 2023, who gave me the same answer: Wait for V7.4 which, according to support, should be available in... May.

I was surprised not to see this version available for download... thanks to you the reason is known, we'll now have to wait in the fall

Best regards
Bruno