Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

message Center RtEvent and InSMS relationship

Level 5

hi

Is there a relationship or identifier( beside the phone number) with event that send the SMS and the message that get stored when the user reply to SMS and get push to inSMS Schema?  example: when you send the sms via message center Push event the info is stored on rtEvent Schema. when user reply back with Yes or Stop it goes to inSMS schema. when you have multiple event setup and you send message to same phone number how you can identify that in inSMS schema ? is there a separate ID ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi, 

Ideally the better way of working with SMS is always have different short codes for different types of events or business areas as required. 

So the responses from customers from the phone number will always route to the specific short code.

Theoritically - RT events should not have the STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE reply or responses because RT is meant to send real time send outs based on customers action. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,
Adithya

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi, 

Ideally the better way of working with SMS is always have different short codes for different types of events or business areas as required. 

So the responses from customers from the phone number will always route to the specific short code.

Theoritically - RT events should not have the STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE reply or responses because RT is meant to send real time send outs based on customers action. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,
Adithya

Level 5

Thanks Aditya

according to your statement below

" So the responses from customers from the phone number will always route to the specific short code."

is that short code coming in the inSMS schema? I see the field  @largeAccount (Key customer account code linked to short code (specific to Netsize)) but that field is coming empty when customer respond. 

I am trying to map the correct customer response to specific event that is being  sent. we use multiple event for multiple brands when sending out SMS, so I want to map correct response for YES/STOP

thanks

Level 5

Hi , 

Key Account field will be populated if you are using the Extended generic SMPP connection in the external accounts that you create one for SMS. 

And in the Automatic reply section - the short codes that you add will be loaded to the key account (if i am not wrong). 

Thanks,
Adithya