Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Landing page for email permissions - Best practice and ressources?

Level 4

Hello! 

I am looking into developing a landing page for capturing email adresses for use in lead activities in ACC. The site will be accessed from external pages so it can potentially be known as well as unknown visitors. 

I am struggling a bit with how to best go about this and how to get started with this task. 

So far I've looked at JSSP as an option as well as simply looking at the site builder. But I am a bit in doubt when it comes to identifying knwon/unknown users and best way of subscribing them to the relevant permission. 

Any help very much appreciated!  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

you probably have looked already to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/designing-content/web-forms/use-cases...

1) best solution if you can iframe the form:

Using a web form on the Campaign instance gives you the advantage of using the internal object models and calls for creating/updating recipients, managing subscriptions, etc..

The storage activity in a web form flow can execute the reconciliation and can either create or update the recipient.

And learn by example: the "Register recipients" in Resources/Online/Web applications is a good start. 

2) if the form must be web native:

The alternative is hosting your own webpage on e.g. your website and communicate via the API, which is natively SOAP. If you don't like SOAP, a JSSP accepting Rest, and internally mitigating the calls to the internal API methods is a solution... 

If you have the AEM integration package running, the amcSubscribe an amcUnsubscribe JSSP pages are valid examples to examine. But you need some expertise to follow this route.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

you probably have looked already to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/designing-content/web-forms/use-cases...

1) best solution if you can iframe the form:

Using a web form on the Campaign instance gives you the advantage of using the internal object models and calls for creating/updating recipients, managing subscriptions, etc..

The storage activity in a web form flow can execute the reconciliation and can either create or update the recipient.

And learn by example: the "Register recipients" in Resources/Online/Web applications is a good start. 

2) if the form must be web native:

The alternative is hosting your own webpage on e.g. your website and communicate via the API, which is natively SOAP. If you don't like SOAP, a JSSP accepting Rest, and internally mitigating the calls to the internal API methods is a solution... 

If you have the AEM integration package running, the amcSubscribe an amcUnsubscribe JSSP pages are valid examples to examine. But you need some expertise to follow this route.

Level 4
Thank you very much for a detailed run-through of the possibilities. I was not aware of the JSSP / SOAP parser solution. That sounds like the way for us to go. Thank you again