Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Javascript for Upload file from local machine

Level 1

Is it possible to use javascript yo upload file from localcomputer. It's a CSV file.
So I want to only start the workflow and have a javascript that upload the file auto. So when I change the file, I can only restard the workflow and the file is upload.

thomaso88829577_0-1701940177434.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @thomaso88829577,

this is not achievable, it's two different things. Adobe Client connects to a server, all resources you find on the client are shared with other people right. The workflow knows if the file changed only when you access the wrokflow and click on the buttons. for other operator adobe would throw errors. Ask around for SFTP and load files there. Once you manually load file to sftp you can change the settings to following

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1702025190533.png

1. File collectoror
2. Data loading (file)
3. Specified in transition

Marcel

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @thomaso88829577 ,

I would recommend that you follow these steps:

1. Create a shared folder on your AC server.
  2. Drop the file there.
  3. Select the option calculated from activity . 
    Parvesh_Parmar_1-1701945635818.png

4. Put the path of the file.

Then you can edit the file and run it. You will not need to upload the file again and again.

Uploading the file from a script on the server is possible, but I have not found it to be beneficial in the long run. I believe that it is more likely that you will only change the file for testing purposes, but in production, you will only have one file.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Parvesh

Level 1

Thanks!
The problem is that I have not access to the server. 
And I gonna update this files oce a week, and then it would be nice to have a javascript for this

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @thomaso88829577,

this is not achievable, it's two different things. Adobe Client connects to a server, all resources you find on the client are shared with other people right. The workflow knows if the file changed only when you access the wrokflow and click on the buttons. for other operator adobe would throw errors. Ask around for SFTP and load files there. Once you manually load file to sftp you can change the settings to following

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1702025190533.png

1. File collectoror
2. Data loading (file)
3. Specified in transition

Marcel