Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Issue with delivery status after migrating to Extended SMPP Connector

Level 1

Hello!

As advised on this site I want to migrate from using Generic SMPP (Deprecated) connector to Extended Generic SMPP.

I followed migration instructions and SMSes arrive to mobile, however the responses are not handled as before.
Now every message has a status "Send" and text: "Message to '*' pushed to the connector." even if they should error, for example when I target invalid number.
When using the old connector I see: ("Status" : "Text")

"Received on mobile" : "Message received on mobile"

"Failed" : "Message not delivered"

and additionally before "message received" there is info about how many messages were used to send the SMS.

Any ideas where the issue might be coming from? How can I achieve the same results using Extended SMPP that is advised to use?

Kind regards,

Filip

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @Filip123 - there are some account tweaks that SMPP providers can do on their side if necessary. I had to get some small tweaks done to the SMSC connection to ensure some parts of the connector worked. As most provider implementations of SMPP are slightly different between providers, its always best to request their implementation guide and match it against the trace logs you see in Campaign. It might just be a few small tweaks to the regex will get it working

cheers

Darren

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi @Filip123 - this can be a tricky one as the returned information from the SMSC can be different between providers. I would contact your SMS provider for their detailed SMPP implementation and check the regex on the returned status matches their specifications.

Enabling verbose SMPP traces in the log file can also help diagnose some issues.

You might need to ensure that they have set up the SMPP accounts in accordance with the details in this page. Again the provider should help you ensure the accounts you are using are compliant with Adobe Campaign Extended SMPP connector

Cheers

Darren

Level 1

@Darren_Bowers thank you for information!
I don't think they will adapt to us as it is a worldwide provider that actually has not changed anything on their side. It is the switch to the new connector on Adobe Campaign that is causing the issue.
It seems that I should be able to configure the connector properly but can it be that the missing part is what is codded in the Web Service that is handling old connector?
http://localhost:8080/nms/jsp/smpp34.jsp

Is there a way access the code of this file so I can check and try to recreate configuration in the new connector? I know that at the end of a day I can contact the provider but I want to try this path before.

Cheers,

Filip

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @Filip123 - there are some account tweaks that SMPP providers can do on their side if necessary. I had to get some small tweaks done to the SMSC connection to ensure some parts of the connector worked. As most provider implementations of SMPP are slightly different between providers, its always best to request their implementation guide and match it against the trace logs you see in Campaign. It might just be a few small tweaks to the regex will get it working

cheers

Darren

Employee Advisor

Hi @Filip123 ,

All the SMS Providers have different configurations for "API", "Web Service", "SMPP" Connection etc. 

Hence, you need to ask your SMS Provider for the complete Configuration Documentation as this should be standard on their side.

I got the same issue when we changed the SMS Connector at our end, but this was resolved by changes at "SMS Provider" side. And now the SMS Status are synced properly.

Level 1

Thank you both for the feedback!

The discussion with provider has been started, let's hope it's going to be solved quickly.

Kind regards,

Filip