Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Is there a way to use React JS in Adobe Campaign Classic Web App?

Level 2

In Adobe Campaign Web App - is there an option to use React JS in Adobe Campaign Web App pages? I understand we can include links to React js files in HTML Page (client side) but can we use React on the server side? Does Adobe Campaign run node.js behind the scene and if not - what executes server side Java script?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RadAndric 

There is no official package for React in ACC. Anyway you can go with your own implementation and create back end services in React.
One service can be used to establish the connection from web site and ACC and get a session token for that connection using SOAP API. Another one can be responsible for GET/POST calls from website to campaign after validation using SOAP API.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RadAndric 

There is no official package for React in ACC. Anyway you can go with your own implementation and create back end services in React.
One service can be used to establish the connection from web site and ACC and get a session token for that connection using SOAP API. Another one can be responsible for GET/POST calls from website to campaign after validation using SOAP API.

Regards,

Milan

Level 2
Hi Milan - thank you for your comments. I am trying to figure out a solution to use React within Adobe Campaign Classic only (so no external web site). So - for example - if I want to have Web app workflow in Adobe Campaign - which has script activity that gets all the data that I need and then it has page activity that I include something like <script src=".../react-dom.js"></script> - can I use react components like table or others to make my UI nicer?

Community Advisor
Hi @RadAndric, you should try with some basic test in order to get best answer. In theory, if React not suported that means that web@default service will raise errors when try to use react script. Regards, Milan