Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

IOB-090008 Failure while resolving address

Community Advisor

HI,

JavaScript node is throwing the following error due web service calls:

IOB-090008 Failure while resolving address 'web_service_address' (errno=-3)

The error code is: -61

JS read records from incoming transition in batches of 500 records and do the call. If there are a lot of records during execution mentioned error log is raised for a while and then JS continue normally.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Milan_Vucetic 

Generally, we have observed that the JS activity in Adobe Campaign Classic only processed approx 9000 interactions and throws error after that. To handle this concern rather than doing any code-level changes we have used Test activity to check the count and the split the count into the batches of 9000. 

iambhosale_0-1587983386543.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hey @Milan_Vucetic - is the error intermittent or does it always fail after a certain number of records? Have you tried altering the batch size to something smaller?

Are you running simultaneous async connections to the web_service_address? It could be the JS execution engine running out of connections in the pool or something like that.

Community Advisor

Hi @Darren_Bowers,

batch is set to 500 records therefore think is not too much.

var url = getOption('my_endpoint');
var method = "POST";
var recordsToFetchPerBatch = 500;
var currentStartLine = 0;
var loop = true;

while(loop){
var query = xtk.queryDef.create(...

URL initializing is done on the beginning and calls are done in the loop. I cannot say that happens after certain number of records.

Just raising error at some time of execution and than again works. It happens once or twice in 20K of records for example.

Is there a way to increase max pool connections? I would say this is AC error and it is not on web service side.

Thinking to put some wait/sleep time (couple of seconds) between batches but not sure is that helpful.

Thanks

Milan

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Milan_Vucetic 

Generally, we have observed that the JS activity in Adobe Campaign Classic only processed approx 9000 interactions and throws error after that. To handle this concern rather than doing any code-level changes we have used Test activity to check the count and the split the count into the batches of 9000. 

iambhosale_0-1587983386543.png