Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Insert or Update Activity Issue

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have one case in which Adobe Campaign behaves weird.

I have applied Insert or Update Activity to Insert record in schema still sometimes workflow errors me and tells that record already exist.

As it is Upsert activity, it should update if record exist but it does not do.

I am thinking multiple entities are trying to insert record at the same time.

Can anyone please help me in this.

Can we check in the schema from where that record in inserted(i.e. which entity is inserting that record) if incase from two places it was inserting at same time.?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @harshalp2212386,

You can check last modified and last modified by column, but this will not help you much to identify which workflow is updating the schema.

You can try below logic for identification:

1) Add new column to schema, name it updated by ( insert workflow name).

2) Modify the current workflow and add the column in update activity.

3) Check the schema and identify if this column has any value other than the current workflow.

Regarding update activity giving error:

1) It is happening because record was inserted by some other workflow/ JS, after the 'enrichment' activity has identified already existing records. So for your current workflow, those records does not exist, but they were inserted by some other process.

2) Look for Javascript codes as well, is there any SOAP request which is doing insert/update?

3) Look into the audit logs between enrichment activity and update activity time. You might get some hint.

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @harshalp2212386,

You can check last modified and last modified by column, but this will not help you much to identify which workflow is updating the schema.

You can try below logic for identification:

1) Add new column to schema, name it updated by ( insert workflow name).

2) Modify the current workflow and add the column in update activity.

3) Check the schema and identify if this column has any value other than the current workflow.

Regarding update activity giving error:

1) It is happening because record was inserted by some other workflow/ JS, after the 'enrichment' activity has identified already existing records. So for your current workflow, those records does not exist, but they were inserted by some other process.

2) Look for Javascript codes as well, is there any SOAP request which is doing insert/update?

3) Look into the audit logs between enrichment activity and update activity time. You might get some hint.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 2

Hi Jyoti,

Thanks you so much for your inputs.

I will update a column in my schema to check which entity has created that particular record.

I am not doing enrichment before Update activity, so basically when the workflow checks the availability of that record in schema that I am wondering.

Is there a way the workflow knows the latest status for that particular record.

Community Advisor

Hi @harshalp2212386 ,

Can you share screenshot of your update activity and workflow. It will give clear picture of what you are doing.

In update activity, we define parameters to match the records for Update or Insert. That is the point where it looks for record already exists or not.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 2

Hi Jyoti,

Sure. Below is the screenshot for my update activity.

harshalp2212386_0-1643029668362.png

And below is the error screenshot.

harshalp2212386_0-1643030163880.png

Thanks in Advance!!