Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

I want to extract macros from email templates

Level 1

Hi Community! So I want to extract the macros present in email templates that goes like <%= targetData.policyNo %> <%=targetData.Policy_ID %> but I dont know what is this targetData and where I can fetch these type of macros.How to proceed with targetData and what is it basically..Can we access it as a schema?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rs_45 ,

when you 'add data' in query/enrichment as additional data, you can able to see those added attributes in temp schema (display target)

ParthaSarathy_2-1681890447974.png

ParthaSarathy_1-1681890362604.png

And When you select this attributes while configuring email body, for example when you select firstName, then it will be as <%= targetData.firstName %>

ParthaSarathy_3-1681890602303.png

You can see this in nms:delivery schema.

Goto nms:delivery schema > Data tab > Right click & configure list > Add > [content/html/source]

ParthaSarathy_4-1681890842954.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rs_45 ,

when you 'add data' in query/enrichment as additional data, you can able to see those added attributes in temp schema (display target)

ParthaSarathy_2-1681890447974.png

ParthaSarathy_1-1681890362604.png

And When you select this attributes while configuring email body, for example when you select firstName, then it will be as <%= targetData.firstName %>

ParthaSarathy_3-1681890602303.png

You can see this in nms:delivery schema.

Goto nms:delivery schema > Data tab > Right click & configure list > Add > [content/html/source]

ParthaSarathy_4-1681890842954.png

Employee Advisor

@rs_45 ,

TargetData is a reserved keyword that refers to the data associated with the recipient of an email. It contains all the data related to the recipient profile, such as their name, email address, and any additional data attributes that you may have associated with them.

The macros that you have mentioned, i.e., '<%= targetData.policyNo %>' and '<%= targetData.Policy_ID %>' are examples of personalization macros. They are used to dynamically insert the recipient's data into the email template at the time of delivery.

To access the targetData macros, you need to have a valid recipient profile associated with the email delivery. Typically, you would define a target audience for your email campaign, and Adobe Campaign would automatically populate the targetData macros with the recipient's data at the time of delivery.

You can also access targetData attributes using workflows, by using the "Update Data" activity to fetch the recipient data from the database and populate it into a temporary schema. You can then use the schema to access and manipulate the recipient data attributes.

In summary, targetData is not a schema that you can access directly, but rather a reserved keyword that refers to the recipient data associated with an email delivery. To extract targetData macros from email templates, you would need to have access to the recipient data at the time of delivery.

Administrator

Hi @rs_45,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa