Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to store responses from an AMP mail

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue I want to store responses made by a recipient in an AMP mailer. 
Can anyone tell what do I need add in the template and what to configure at Adobe campaign console.

Thanks,

Rishabh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Rishabh_gupta17 

I believe you are using amp-form in your email to capture some responses, and upon selection, the form data should be synced in AC.

This is possible in AC by creating a JSSP page. You will have to write the code to accept the content coming from email and then save it in AC.

In the action-xhr attribute for amp-form tag, you will have to use the AC JSSP URL:

Before doing this, you will have to fix a CORS issue. This means the AC endpoint should be able to receive data from any website. 

You should already have this code in a sample JS file under Administration > Configuration >  Javascript code >  Search for amp

More information on amp-form is available here: Example: Advanced Server Request - amp.dev

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor
Spoiler
Hello @Rishabh_gupta17,

I did not find any details in adobe documents about updating the data in recipient table.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-emails/defin...

I would suggest to check with Adobe support to confirm if this feature supported out of box.

If this is not supported then I think you need to try to send request application server with API. You might need to develop JSON api via JSSP. I think AMP does not support SOAP. But I am not sure about it.

Make sure your application  or web server should be accessible from public network.

https://amp.dev/documentation/examples/interactivity-dynamic-content/advanced_server_request/

https://www.arengu.com/blog/how-to-develop-implement-amp-forms-on-amp-pages

Kr,
Parvesh

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Rishabh_gupta17 

I believe you are using amp-form in your email to capture some responses, and upon selection, the form data should be synced in AC.

This is possible in AC by creating a JSSP page. You will have to write the code to accept the content coming from email and then save it in AC.

In the action-xhr attribute for amp-form tag, you will have to use the AC JSSP URL:

Before doing this, you will have to fix a CORS issue. This means the AC endpoint should be able to receive data from any website. 

You should already have this code in a sample JS file under Administration > Configuration >  Javascript code >  Search for amp

More information on amp-form is available here: Example: Advanced Server Request - amp.dev

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Administrator

Hi @Rishabh_gupta17,

Were you able to resolve this issue with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

In case any of the given solutions was helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa