Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

How to implement deeplink in V8 push notifications channel

Level 1

Hi , 

how to implement deep-link functionality in adobe campaign v8 for push notification channel.

Any docs to refer

Regards, 

karthik 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Karthik2587 

If the deep link is opening the app it means the app is recognizing the URL but it is not able to redirect the user to the correct screen within the app. You will have to handle this within the app.

Have you defined the deep links in the mobile app?

Here is an react native example of how you can do that:

Deep linking | React Navigation

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I've moved this question to the Adobe Campaign Forum, where you are likely to get better results to your question.

Community Advisor

Hello @Karthik2587 

You can add the application variable while creating the application by following the instructions here:

Send push notification with Adobe Campaign | Adobe Campaign

Then you can check for the value of adb_uri and adb_a_type
documentation here: 
Adobe Campaign Classic basic push template

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hello Manoj, 

correct even I have did same added one application variable by name deeplink while creating a android and iOS service next in delivery i used that application variable and place link wich need to redirect to particular tab (a) in my mobile application .   Issue is that am able to send push notifications and once I click on notification  it’s taking me to home page instead of the desired tab (a) . Could you please let me know what we need to perform from here. Just fyi I have copied that deeplink and paste in mobile chrome browser it took me to the exact tab(a) in my mobile application( just to say that no issue with the link) .

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Karthik2587 

If the deep link is opening the app it means the app is recognizing the URL but it is not able to redirect the user to the correct screen within the app. You will have to handle this within the app.

Have you defined the deep links in the mobile app?

Here is an react native example of how you can do that:

Deep linking | React Navigation

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Thanks for the insight , 1)how to know what payload my push notification are sending from adobe  campaign 2) will the new application variable (deeplink) I have added will it be automatically added to my payload wich sending to my mobile app. 3) how to use that variable any links or docs to refer 

Community Advisor

Hello @Karthik2587 

You can use AEP Assurance to check the parameters and see the json payload used to send the push

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn