Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to get HTML Content of delivery in query

Level 1

Hello guys,

I am wondering if its possible to get a column for the HTML content on the query (using nms:delivery schema), like in this picture (old response to a similar question, but 2019):

screenshot 1 - html code saving.jpg

Nowadays it looks like the schema has changed, because that property is not longer in the schema that I am using

2019:

screenshot 3 - html code saving.jpg

2022: 

Screenshot_11.png

Thank you in advance, and merry christmas!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

HI @linoshi 

Content being a very large XML field, and you can't access it directly however there is a trick if you have to have it in a workflow, it is to export it in a file and load the same file straight after the export. it was done as a test / PoC very years back and the file format used was tabulation as a delimiter and in the file load activity, it is to set the field as Long Text and that records spam on multiple line...

Otherwise, you could use a JavaScript activity to get access to the information, depending of your use case that would work too...

If the use case is purely technical for technical audience, then JS is one route, if the use case is business centered, aka use by marketers, although the export/import is slight awkward, I would use that route as it uses standard workflow activities that marketers can understand...

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @linoshi,

i'm on the latest V7 build (the 9356) and i still have the property :

Amine_Abedour_0-1672310744375.pngAmine_Abedour_1-1672310754129.png

Maybe it's someting related to user rights 🤷‍

Br,

Amine

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

HI @linoshi 

Content being a very large XML field, and you can't access it directly however there is a trick if you have to have it in a workflow, it is to export it in a file and load the same file straight after the export. it was done as a test / PoC very years back and the file format used was tabulation as a delimiter and in the file load activity, it is to set the field as Long Text and that records spam on multiple line...

Otherwise, you could use a JavaScript activity to get access to the information, depending of your use case that would work too...

If the use case is purely technical for technical audience, then JS is one route, if the use case is business centered, aka use by marketers, although the export/import is slight awkward, I would use that route as it uses standard workflow activities that marketers can understand...

Thanks

Denis