Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to Extract value from XML object from Schema

Level 2

Hi, 

I want to extract email "Subject" value from email header parameter (which is xml object) from broadLogRcp(deliveries) 

in my workflow. Any insight/sample code would be highly appreciated. 

Example : I want to extract user's email "Subject" from "email header parameters" under Delivery from broadLogRcp schema just to know the Subject of the emails sent out.

Currently user's email "Subject"  in "email header parameter" is in XML object format so directly we can get the value so I am trying to write one JavaScript code for the same, so need help to find a solution around this. appreciate your time on this.

Looking forward...

-CSLTgupta

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It's ordinary XML/E4X. To parse the data field's XML with js, use var delivery = new XML(data).

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Data Extraction (file) activity allows doing that.

Otherwise, we can't extract using query or enrichment activity.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It's ordinary XML/E4X. To parse the data field's XML with js, use var delivery = new XML(data).

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2
thanks Jon for your suggestion. But Can you please elaborate your comments. FYI - here is code snippet below which I'm trying to use :

Level 2

var query = xtk.queryDef.create( <queryDef schema="nms:delivery" operation="select" lineCount="5"> <select> <node expr="[delivery/mailParameters/@subject]" alias="@data"/> </select> </queryDef> ) var delivery = new XML(data); var res = query.ExecuteQuery();

Can you please review this and point out the right direction? thanks in advance for all your help.

Community Advisor
<node expr="data"/> and then new XML(res.data)

Level 1

How do I convert the data to XML and return XML data to CRM for broadlog delivery data where I have created the API and stored the broadlog data like id, labelname, address,eventdate in one variable and also in variable I have mirrorpage URL based on broadlogid, delivery id. I need the output in XML and return the XML data based on use case for multiple email need mirrorpage URL.