Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to create an adobe campaign List using a json array of objects in a workflow

Level 2

Hello,

i have a workflow where i create a json array using javascript activity and i want to  create a new adobe campaign list (using js code) and add to it all the data in my json array  using "javascipt acitivity" or "update list" activity.

can you please show me how i can achieve this operation in my workflow. 

this is the code of my Js activity :

var arrayOfObjects = [{
  "id": 28,
  "Title": "Sweden"
}, {
  "id": 56,
  "Title": "USA"
}, {
  "id": 89,
  "Title": "England"
}];

vars.arrayOfObjects = JSON.stringify(arrayOfObjects); 

Regards !

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @JamesAlio 

All adobe lists create a table in the DB. You can directly update that table with a SQl statement and execute that SQL statement with sqlExec.

You can get the list table name from the schema table as shown in this screenshot

_Manoj_Kumar_0-1610640971639.png

Now all you have to do iterate your object and do a sqlExec for each item.

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @JamesAlio 

All adobe lists create a table in the DB. You can directly update that table with a SQl statement and execute that SQL statement with sqlExec.

You can get the list table name from the schema table as shown in this screenshot

_Manoj_Kumar_0-1610640971639.png

Now all you have to do iterate your object and do a sqlExec for each item.

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hello @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Thank you so much for your response it's very clear.

i still have one more question because in your response you assume that the list is already created ? there is any why to create the list (table) during the workflow execution i mean using my js code before start persisting the data?

Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor
Yes, you can create a table directly but adobe won't treat this as a list.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2
okay , can you please show me how i can create the table or just give me a documentation link that shows how to. im beginner in ACC i start working on it since 1 month but i m a web developper already. Thanks

Community Advisor
Go to Profiles & targets > Lists and create a list. This will automatically create a list and the table in database.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn