Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

How to check String or Numeric data

Level 4

Hi,

Suppose Code field contain below data:

LG

TR

I'm not sure how to find field equal to string, tried below logic but its showing error.

When(case(@code Equal to String,'@code'), Else ToInt64(@code))

Please let me know how to find data is string or not if its not string then convert it to ToInt64.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tejashriw155148,

you must do a split after query selection to get two branches (one for INT and another for STRING).

After that you may convert to  preferred type in Enrichment nodes in needed (per branch.)

If your data have only two characters you may adapt query in split:

1. To identify numbers something like: first character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and second character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
  2. To identify non-numbers just enable Complement of point 1 to get all non-numbers

Generally, with provided data all input values are string. Then you need to separate it with split (above) and do conversion of numbers to integer.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi @tejashriw155148 I posted up some code to do this in your other post here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/convert-string-to-...

Remember you can't have two data types in the same output column. It has to be either string or numeric and alpha strings cant be converted to numeric

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tejashriw155148,

you must do a split after query selection to get two branches (one for INT and another for STRING).

After that you may convert to  preferred type in Enrichment nodes in needed (per branch.)

If your data have only two characters you may adapt query in split:

1. To identify numbers something like: first character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and second character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
  2. To identify non-numbers just enable Complement of point 1 to get all non-numbers

Generally, with provided data all input values are string. Then you need to separate it with split (above) and do conversion of numbers to integer.

Regards,

Milan