Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

how download a file from azure blob

aarg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem when I tried to download a file from the azure blob storage account. I configured the external account and test it uploading a csv file and it works.

Now I want to download a cvs from there but the logs said "0 file(s) to transfer", I configure a second file transfer activity with the action "test to see if the file exist" and response the file exist.

aarg_0-1632845203768.png

I'm not sure if I forgot configure something in the azure account o in campaign.

I hope someone can help me and thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
Deb007
Correct answer by
Level 6
Level 6

Hi @aarg,

As per your above screenshot, I have seen the same behaviour earlier. In the “server folder”, if you put the directory and hat codes file name it doesn’t work. But if you mention the server folder along with file name in a variable it works.

You can validate that in your workflow as well.

Cheers,

Deb

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Malarrajan_Sundarraj
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @aarg ,

Can you provide the logs for the files exists and fle download.

May be the file doesn't exists in the provided path.

- Malarrajan Sundarraj

aarg
Level 1
Level 1

The file exist.

When I specify the file name in the file transfer

aarg_0-1632848784677.png

This are logs:

09/28/2021 5:32:45 PM 0 file(s) to transfer
09/28/2021 5:32:45 PM Starting file listing 'http://{myaccount}.blob.core.windows.net/entrada/tips/{fileName}20210928.csv'

But if only send the container and the folder, the activity download the file 

aarg_1-1632848968173.png

This are logs:

09/28/2021 5:54:22 PM File transfer completed
09/28/2021 5:54:22 PM Starting transfer of 'http://{myaccount}.blob.core.windows.net/entrada/tips/{filename}20210928.csv' to '{filename}20210928_20210928165422a.csv'
09/28/2021 5:54:22 PM 1 file(s) to transfer
09/28/2021 5:54:21 PM Starting file listing 'http://{myaccont}.blob.core.windows.net/entrada/tips/'

Now I want to understand if this is the normal behavior,because is possible the client want to store all the files  and I only want the most recent in campaign describes in the name file,  I'm trying to migrate the SFTP to blob and in the first one I can specify the file name, like this

aarg_2-1632849468686.png

Thanks 

Malarrajan_Sundarraj
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @aarg ,

Check on the filename and date concatenation part. Is there any white space in between.

It should match the entire filename and operation should be download.

- Malarrajan Sundarraj

Deb007
Correct answer by
Level 6
Level 6

Hi @aarg,

As per your above screenshot, I have seen the same behaviour earlier. In the “server folder”, if you put the directory and hat codes file name it doesn’t work. But if you mention the server folder along with file name in a variable it works.

You can validate that in your workflow as well.

Cheers,

Deb

Sukrity_Wadhwa
Employee
Employee

Hi @aarg,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of any of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!