Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Hi How to configure the MTA? Cannot send out the emails.

Level 2

Hi there,

I met an issue when sending out emails via my personal server.

I set the server configuration per the guideline but still failed to send out the email. (The SMTP server is installed, I can correctly send/receive letters using methods other than Adobe.)

1742558_pastedImage_5.png

The proof status is stuck at "start pending".

And below is my MTA setting for serverConf.xml:

<mta args="-tracefilter:nlmta" autoStart="false" dataLogPath="" debugPath="" dnsRequestLogDelayMs=""

errorPeriodSec="300" initScript="" logEmailErrors="true" logLevel="2" maxMemoryMb="1024"

maxProcessMemoryAlertMb="1800" maxProcessMemoryWarningMb="1600" minConnectionsToLog="100"

minErrorsToLog="1" minMessagesToLog="1000" notifRelay="" processRestartTime="06:00:00"

purgeDataLogDelay="15" retryLostMessages="true" runLevel="10" statServerAddress=""

statServerTLSSupport="true" statServerVersion="" verifyMode="false" workingPath="$(XTK_INSTALL_DIR)/var/$(INSTANCE_NAME)/mta/"

xMailer="nlserver, Build $(PRODUCT_VERSION)">

<cache maxPeriodSec="244800" maxSizeOnDiskMb="1024" purgePeriodSec="3600"/>

<relay address="192.168.199.145" port="25"/>

<master dataBasePoolPeriodSec="30" dataBaseRetryDelaySec="60" domainKeysReloadPeriodSec="600"

maxSpareServers="2" minSpareServers="0" startSpareServers="0"/>

<child extraArgs="" idleChildTimeoutSec="60" maxAgeSec="600" maxGCMConnectPerChild="32"

maxMsgPerChild="5000000" maxWaitingMessages="2000" maxWorkingSetMb="128"

soapConnectorTimeoutSec="600" startWithFirstMX="false" timeToLive="48">

<smtp enableTLS="false" idleSessionTimeoutSec="5" initialDelaySec="4" maxSessionsPerChild="1000">

</smtp>

</child>

</mta>

MTA setting for my specific instance.xml:

<mta autoStart="false" statServerAddress="">

<child>

<smtp>

<IPAffinity name="default,mid.default,dev.default,test.default">

<relay address="192.168.199.145" port="25"/>

<!--  For dev instances, if you need a default IP (not recommended), use address="0.0.0.0" -->

<IP address="" heloHost="" publicId="" weight=""/>

</IPAffinity>

</smtp>

</child>

</mta>

Server version:

1742560_pastedImage_17.png

Could anyone please provide some advice? Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In your instance conf, set autostart="true", and fill out the IP element, e.g.:

<IP address="0.0.0.0" heloHost="localhost.localdomain" publicId="1" weight="1"/>

Then restart nlserver6 service.

NB You have a relay address set in your serverConf.xml. If intended it should be moved to the instance conf- serverConf is supposed to be used as a read-only reference.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In your instance conf, set autostart="true", and fill out the IP element, e.g.:

<IP address="0.0.0.0" heloHost="localhost.localdomain" publicId="1" weight="1"/>

Then restart nlserver6 service.

NB You have a relay address set in your serverConf.xml. If intended it should be moved to the instance conf- serverConf is supposed to be used as a read-only reference.

Thanks,

-Jon