Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Give preference to CTA which clicked first

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have a scenario, if cta1 clicked first journey A should start and if cta 2 clicked first journey B should start.

I tried achieving this through dedup activity, however no luck as if someone click any other url apart from these two then the logic gets failed.

Any hints and suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @mustufam5967803,

I'm not sure what your existing workflow logic looks like, but could use a Query or Split activity to narrow down the tracking log records to just Email Clicks on those two CTAs before you get to the Dedup activity? For example:

[delivery/@name] = {delivery name}

AND

[url/@type] = Email click

AND

[url/@label] is included in CTA1, CTA2

Then you can use the Dedup as already described to calculate which happened first (in the event someone clicks on both).

Thanks,

Josh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @mustufam5967803,

I'm not sure what your existing workflow logic looks like, but could use a Query or Split activity to narrow down the tracking log records to just Email Clicks on those two CTAs before you get to the Dedup activity? For example:

[delivery/@name] = {delivery name}

AND

[url/@type] = Email click

AND

[url/@label] is included in CTA1, CTA2

Then you can use the Dedup as already described to calculate which happened first (in the event someone clicks on both).

Thanks,

Josh