Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Formatting the File Name in the Data Extraction Activity

Level 2

Hello,

I'm running into issues with the Naming Convention in the Data Extraction activity.  We host our Instance On Prem and I can get the file to extract to the appropriate folder with this JS in the "File Name" input:

<%= formatDate(getCurrentDate(), "%4Y%2M%2D_TEST") %>.csv

&

<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y%2M%2D_TEST") %>.csv

What I'm having issues with is that I want to add a day to the file name, I've tried :<%= formatDate(getCurrentDate() +1, "%4Y%2M%2D_TEST") %>.csv, adding a JS activity before the Data Extraction to call a date variable with the "+1", and adding the date variable in the initialization script in the advanced tab of the Data Extraction activity with no luck.  I'm getting errors regarding the "+1".

Is this possible to name a file a future date within the Data Extraction activity?  Thanks in advance and feel free to reach out with any questions if needed.

Thanks,

Shaun H.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@Amine_Abedour 

Amine,

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.  I never thought about calling the variable directly within the file name box.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Shaun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @shaunhill,

It is possible, here is the formula :

<%var tomorrow = new Date(); tomorrow.setDate(tomorrow.getDate() + 1);%><%= formatDate(tomorrow, "%4Y%2M%2D_TEST") %>.csv 

Amine_Abedour_0-1658329302595.png

result: 

Amine_Abedour_1-1658329314270.png

Br,

Amine

Correct answer by
Level 2

@Amine_Abedour 

Amine,

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.  I never thought about calling the variable directly within the file name box.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Shaun