Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Extract Email content for all the users

Level 3

Hi All,

I have an issue

I am using dynamic parameters in my email to fill up the content. The content is coming from querying the database. I am using <%=targetData.information %> to fill the email and sending it to 5 users.

Is it anyway possible to get the exact content that was mailed to each user including the content that came from DB ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @bhaskarc1289447 ,

If you want to get the content of targetData.information after the email has been sent, you can store contexutal data from targetData into the delivery logs by extending the nms:broadlogRcp entity and adding the filed in the nms:recipient Target Mapping (Storage section). You must ensure that the field in targetData will ALWAYS be the one mentioned in the Target Mapping.

For instance let assume you extended nms:broadlogRcp to add a field named "information" of type string of 255. in target Mapping targetData.information will be stored to that field.

In the workflow field targetData.information will be stored however targetData.Information won't, it'scase sensitive...

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1653033447797.png

We got customer that uses such capability to store common element across all their campaigns that they then export to their data warehouse for in-depth insights...

That would also be an alternative

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @bhaskarc1289447 ,

I feel you can try to render this content by capturing the data from "HtmlContent" field attribute in the email delivery schema.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @bhaskarc1289447 ,

If you want to get the content of targetData.information after the email has been sent, you can store contexutal data from targetData into the delivery logs by extending the nms:broadlogRcp entity and adding the filed in the nms:recipient Target Mapping (Storage section). You must ensure that the field in targetData will ALWAYS be the one mentioned in the Target Mapping.

For instance let assume you extended nms:broadlogRcp to add a field named "information" of type string of 255. in target Mapping targetData.information will be stored to that field.

In the workflow field targetData.information will be stored however targetData.Information won't, it'scase sensitive...

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1653033447797.png

We got customer that uses such capability to store common element across all their campaigns that they then export to their data warehouse for in-depth insights...

That would also be an alternative

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

@Denis_Bozonnet

@Manoj_Kumar_ 

Thank you for your reply and I think we will adopt that approach.

A small query:

we are using a schema 'vendor' to create the Target Mapping, so 'abc:broadLogVendor' is created. Now if we have to create a field just as you mentioned, can we include the field directly in the schema since it is not a factory - schema or we need to extend the custom 'abc:broadLogVendor' schema. Please suggest

Community Advisor

Hello @bhaskarc1289447 

You can directly add the fields in the custom schema.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn