to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

External account creation and access for an operator

Level 2

Hi,

I am bit confused in how the external accounts and operators are linked together. E.g. If I have an operator and he can access campaign through browser, he is already having an access to campaign. So, do I need to create an external account for him ?

Also, in which cases, do I need to really create an external account for an operator and what kind of access is then granted to him because of external account.

Is it needed for API access ? If yes, is there a session token required to be passed and what if client does not want to pass the session token always.

sorry if I am mixing few things together but I am not clear about the linking and the access and even after going through the documentation, I am but confused.

Regards,

Piyush

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Piyush,

you indeed mix-up 2 Adobe Campaign concepts :

• Operator : is a user accessing the tool either with the client application or for some parts on the browser
  • External Account : is an access for a third-party tool such as connectors, external database, SFTP ...

you can find some video tutorials on Experience League Intelligent Guidance | Adobe

Kind regards,

Pierre

View solution in original post

0 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Piyush,

you indeed mix-up 2 Adobe Campaign concepts :

• Operator : is a user accessing the tool either with the client application or for some parts on the browser
  • External Account : is an access for a third-party tool such as connectors, external database, SFTP ...

you can find some video tutorials on Experience League Intelligent Guidance | Adobe

Kind regards,

Pierre