Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Error Number shown after using delete functionality of 'update data' activity.

Level 3

Hi All,

we are using delete feature of 'update data' activity. After the run of the activity, I see that more than 300k records have been deleted from transition and journal but that amount of data is not present in that schema. The schema, from which data is being deleted, does have a link to a schema with lot of data but data is not getting deleted from that schema.

I have double checked and I am sure that I am mentioning the correct schema in 'Update dimension' and record identification is being done by ' Using reconciliation keys'

The deletion is occurring properly but the number 300k shown in transition and journal is confusing me. Is there a possibility that data deletion is happening from a different schema or the Number generated is misleading.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello, 

Please check the relation between tables. 

Database mapping | Adobe Campaign

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1652789278584.png

For e.g integrity is own. Then deletion of source table (define in your update activity ) can initiate the deletion on other table. 

You can enable the SQL log and check for which table deletion SQL command is running. 

Parvesh_Parmar_1-1652789902972.png

Parvesh_Parmar_2-1652790074617.png

Thanks.

Parvesh.

Level 3

@Parvesh_Parmar 

Thanks a lot for the reply.

we enables SQL but we see that the update activity is creating table, then inserting and then deleting.

The logs are like -----

Log: Creating table 'wkf30xyz' 

SQL: INSERT INTO wkf30xyz 

CREATE INDEX NPK_wkf30xyz ON wkf30xyz (iPKey_1)

SQL: UPDATE wkf30xyz SET iRecProcState = -2 

Can you let me know why it may have happened?

Administrator

Hi @Parvesh_Parmar,

Could you please help @bhaskarc1289447 further here?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa