Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Error- Document is empty- while created via WSDL- adobe campaign classic

Level 4

While Calling a schema wsdl [xtk:session] for adobe campaign classic I am getting below error after entering creds. Am I missing a small step?

May I know where to check this and how to fix this error.

PoonamBhardwaj_0-1665637023076.png

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra,

To document the correct answer for any future reference:

In our further discussion, the issue was found with the endpoint Url of the campaign server which was missing 's' in http:// ,  post correcting which the Logon call was successful.

Br,

Shubham 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra,

You may need to save the WSDL correctly

To save the WSDL file:

• Right click on the page
  • Select view source
  • Copy and paste the text into a text editor
  • Save the file with the extension .wsdl

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 4

HI @DavidKangni ,

Thank you for responding, I am able to load the sessions now but when I am hitting it with user id password to get the session token, its throwing connection time out error. It will be helpful if you could please guide me how can I get the session token.

PoonamBhardwaj_0-1665678482134.png

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra,

It seems like a connection timed-out error.

For this, you can first check if your IP address (public) from where you hit this Soap call is whitelisted (added to the security zone in the serverConf.xml file) on the Campaign server that you are trying to reach. doc 

Also, you can check the web logs of the campaign server to see if it points to some other error when getting soap connection requests via Home>Monitoring>Overview>web logs.

Br,

Shubham

Level 4

Hi @_Shubham_Goyal ,

Thanks for responding, really appreciate that!
I checked the security zone section and the mask of my IP address is already added there.
While checking the logs from web as suggested, I am assuming below highlighted is the session token, but I might be wrong as when I tried using this token, again the soap call resulted in "connection timed out".

PoonamBhardwaj_0-1665928748270.png

The above highlighted Param(0) is not getting generated every time I hit the soap logon session but it generated one time.

Kindly let me know if I am missing anything or what shall be the next step to check this, I didn't find any specific error as such.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra ,

A few more checks you can then perform are:
-As you using User/Password to connect so check if "allowUserPassword" & "sessionTokenOnly" are set as true in the security zone tag (where your IP resides) in serverConf.xml file. 

<securityZone allowDebug="true" allowEmptyPassword="true" allowHTTP="true"
                allowUserPassword="false" label="Private Network (LAN)" name="lan"
                sessionTokenOnly="true" showErrors="true">

-Check if the "mc" operator/(user that you using for connection) password in the RT instance is correct and the operator has the sufficed "Message center Execution" rights assigned to it.  

_Shubham_Goyal__0-1666166746422.png

Br,

Shubham

Level 4

Hi @_Shubham_Goyal ,

Thank you so much for the valuable inputs and investing time on this. I have changed "allowUserPassword" to "true" but still no luck.

We are not using message center in our instance. The soap methods that I want to hit from soapUI, I have defined them in data schema to get the input from soap UI.

Is it something not possible if we do not have message center?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra ,

Yes, sure you can use SOAP methods for your own instance too, I was just assuming that you testing the connection for the 'message center'.
Also, the remedies I suggested will still be the same and you may ignore the access rights suggestion for 'message center' which will not apply to your case.
For your case, you check if your operator is able to log in to the instance via the client console or at least has access rights to the Thin client.
Also, if everything is fine just try to make this test from some other machine to rule out issues with the SOAP UI application or security settings of your PC.

Br,

Shubham

Level 4

Hi @Shubham_Goyal__ ,

I tried with other pc but still no luck! I am able to login to client console with the same operator's user id password.

Kindly let me know if you feel I might have missed anything or if anything else as a workaround I can try.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra,

Logon SOAP function is a very simple function and it should be working if everything I said have had been followed.

We can connect and discuss this issue further if you like: 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shubham-goyal-205037128/

Br,

Shubham

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra,

To document the correct answer for any future reference:

In our further discussion, the issue was found with the endpoint Url of the campaign server which was missing 's' in http:// ,  post correcting which the Logon call was successful.

Br,

Shubham 

Level 4

Thank you so much @Shubham_Goyal__  for looking into it and connecting in order to help me, I am really grateful and appreciate all the efforts and sincerity.