Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break on 30th September at 8 am PT with Campaign experts Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Enrichment not updating columns on Recipient extension?

Level 5

I have a Recipients tablet extension. It differs in the namespace with the default recipients table: abc:Recipients vs nms:Recipients.

I've added columns: flag_correo and flag_sms to abc:Recipients, they are empty. abc:Recipients already has column "codigointernocomputacional" on this table with data.

md_preferencias.csv: I've also a file with the values for each column (flag_correo and flag_sms). I need to join on the "codigointernocomputacional" column (on abc:Recipients) and update this column, with the "customer_cic" matches on "md_preferencias.csv". So the information in the file "md_preferencias.csv" should be joined on "customer_cic" and update the columns: flg_correo and flag_sms (on abc:Recipients).

Both tables have  flag_correo and flag_sms columns. It is only that the data in abc:Recipients is empty for this newly created column and should be filled with data from the csv file. 

md_preferencias.csv:

+--------------+-------------+----------+--+--+
| customer_cic | flag_correo | flag_sms |  |  |
| 46           | 1           | 0        |  |  |
| 50           | 0           | 1        |  |  |
|              |             |          |  |  |

My Enrichment activity is like this but is not updating the data in abc:Recipients:

*Yes, there are commun cic and customer_cic in both tables. 

ogonzalesdiaz_0-1697309479109.png

Also when looking for: abc:Recipients, only see nsm:Recipients in the Enrichment activity: 

ogonzalesdiaz_1-1697309580901.png

My workflow that loads "md_preferencias.csv" insert the values in a table, but does not upload the values on abc:Recipients.

ogonzalesdiaz_0-1697309884285.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz ,

In Classic console UI, We can't directly edit in OOTB nms: recipient schema. So we are extending it, and giving different namespace to the extended schema. This is only in the UI. There won't be any new table named "abc: recipient" get created in the database. 

But whatever you create delete or modify an attribute in abc: recipient, those attributes will be added or deleted in nms: recipient schema.

That's the reason you can see only nms: recipient in enrichment and not abc: recipient.

So to update the flag in your schema, after data loading, in update data activity you can configure as below:

Operation type: Update

Update dimension- nms: recipient 

Records identification:

Select- using reconciliation key

Source: customer_cic(from file)

Destination: @codigointernocomputacional

Fields to update:

@flg_correo -- correo flag from file

@flg_sms -- sms flag from file

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz ,

In Classic console UI, We can't directly edit in OOTB nms: recipient schema. So we are extending it, and giving different namespace to the extended schema. This is only in the UI. There won't be any new table named "abc: recipient" get created in the database. 

But whatever you create delete or modify an attribute in abc: recipient, those attributes will be added or deleted in nms: recipient schema.

That's the reason you can see only nms: recipient in enrichment and not abc: recipient.

So to update the flag in your schema, after data loading, in update data activity you can configure as below:

Operation type: Update

Update dimension- nms: recipient 

Records identification:

Select- using reconciliation key

Source: customer_cic(from file)

Destination: @codigointernocomputacional

Fields to update:

@flg_correo -- correo flag from file

@flg_sms -- sms flag from file