Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Dynamic date in email body

Level 3

I'm trying to display dynamic date in email body. I was able to get dynamic date as per below --

<%
function daysInMonth(today) {
     return new Date(today.getFullYear(), today.getMonth()+1, 0).getDate();
}
var today = new Date();
%>

<%= daysInMonth(today) %> <%= formatDate (today, "%Bl") %>

I want to display the day before the 2nd Thursday of every month. I'm not sure how to do that in ACM.

I was able to display this on webpage in a simple javascript.

Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, I meant to ask how to get 2nd Thursday of every month using JS inside a delivery. I have found the solution and tested it as well.

For anyone's reference, below can be used:

<%
var ordinal = 2, weekday = 'Thu';
var today = new Date();
var d = new Date(today.getUTCFullYear(), today.getUTCMonth()+1, 1);
d.setUTCHours(0, 0, 0, 0);
var dayofWeek = 4;
var ORDINALCONST = 7 * ordinal + dayofWeek - d.getUTCDay() - (d.getUTCDay() <= dayofWeek ? 7 : 0);
d.setUTCDate(d.getUTCDate() + ORDINALCONST);
%> <%= d.getDate() - 1  %> <%= formatDate (d, "%Bl %4Y") %>

I wanted to have a day before 2nd Thursday of next month and above code worked

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hey Vinay - I would probably try and get this working by using a javascript activity in the workflow to execute the script and store the output in a variable. 

Info on variables - you probably want to look at an instance variable: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/advanced-ma... 

You can then pass this to be used in the email: https://blog.floriancourgey.com/2018/05/how-to-add-variables-from-a-workflow-in-a-delivery 

Level 3

Hi

Thank you for reply. This will be lengthy and tricky solution. Isn't there any solution like getting current date? and then we can make necessary changes to manipulate result ?

Level 2

Hi @vinay16,
The script you mentioned can be used inside a delivery. Is your question related to how to get the  2nd Thursday of every month or how to use the JS code in a delivery?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, I meant to ask how to get 2nd Thursday of every month using JS inside a delivery. I have found the solution and tested it as well.

For anyone's reference, below can be used:

<%
var ordinal = 2, weekday = 'Thu';
var today = new Date();
var d = new Date(today.getUTCFullYear(), today.getUTCMonth()+1, 1);
d.setUTCHours(0, 0, 0, 0);
var dayofWeek = 4;
var ORDINALCONST = 7 * ordinal + dayofWeek - d.getUTCDay() - (d.getUTCDay() <= dayofWeek ? 7 : 0);
d.setUTCDate(d.getUTCDate() + ORDINALCONST);
%> <%= d.getDate() - 1  %> <%= formatDate (d, "%Bl %4Y") %>

I wanted to have a day before 2nd Thursday of next month and above code worked