Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Dynamic condition Seed addresses with variables from workflow

Level 2

Hi,

We are looking for a solution to the following problem:

We want to use Seed addresses to send our account managers the emails their clients are receiving. This is done in an automatic workflow so we want to be able to select the Seed addresses with a dynamic condition based on a variable determined in the workflow. But we can't quite seem to get it to work.

Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @J2021,

I assume that you are using the delivery activity that call delivery templates, that's why you can't use your instance.vars to modify the seedlist request.

The solution to your problem is to use the initialisation script of the delivery activity to modify the seedlist request. we use this solution to send delivery to different seedlist depend on the day of the week ( if it's monday send to a specifique seedlist else, send to a different seedlist) : 

Amine_Abedour_1-1666690884017.png

for your use, it should be someting like this : 

delivery.output.seedList.where.condition[0].expr = "@accountManager ='"+instance.vars.segmentcode+"'"

For this to work you should already have a query on the seedlist on your template and the condition about the segment code should be the first on your query ( condition[0] ) .

let me know if i'm not clear.

Br,

Amine

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi J,

Can you give us some details on what has been configured thus far and how its not working? Its going to be tricky to try and troubleshoot with the limited information provided.

Thanks,

Craig

Level 2

Hi Craig,

I've made a workflow where a selection is made based on a segmentcode and i want to add certain seed addresses based on that segmentcode. So for example i'm sending an email to ppl in Segment A and i added in the seed schema the account managers belonging to segment a,b,c etc. So the seed addresses should automatically be added to the delivery based on the segmentcode. Which is in this example segmentcode A. 

I made an instance.variable.segmentcode and i tried to select the dynamic condition based on that segmentcode. I couldn't seem to get that to work.

You could off course change the selection for the seed addresses manually everytime a flow is sent to a certain segment. But since it's an automatic flow who uses the same delivery template and i've got about 5000+ segments it's not doable to make a manual delivery template for each segment and selection. 

I hope this makes it a bit clearer. If not please let me know!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @J2021,

I assume that you are using the delivery activity that call delivery templates, that's why you can't use your instance.vars to modify the seedlist request.

The solution to your problem is to use the initialisation script of the delivery activity to modify the seedlist request. we use this solution to send delivery to different seedlist depend on the day of the week ( if it's monday send to a specifique seedlist else, send to a different seedlist) : 

Amine_Abedour_1-1666690884017.png

for your use, it should be someting like this : 

delivery.output.seedList.where.condition[0].expr = "@accountManager ='"+instance.vars.segmentcode+"'"

For this to work you should already have a query on the seedlist on your template and the condition about the segment code should be the first on your query ( condition[0] ) .

let me know if i'm not clear.

Br,

Amine

Administrator

Hi @J2021

Was @Amine_Abedour's solution helpful to resolve your query? In case it was helpful, then kindly choose it as the 'Correct Reply'.

If it wasn't and you still need more help here then do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Administrator

Thanks for letting us know.

Sukrity Wadhwa