Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Different tracking log tables not clear

Community Advisor

Hello all,

there following tracking log tables in adobe campaign:

MarcelSzimonisz_0-1628229894718.png

trackingLogRcp, trackingLogVisitor - are clear to me
trackingLog - i understood/assumed this should be place to merge all of your tracking logs. Also this table somehow throws error since the day the instance was deployed

MarcelSzimonisz_1-1628230914049.png

I assumed that all real time messages are saved to trackingLogRtEvent but they are logged to trackingLogEventHisto

Can someone help me out here as i could not find anything in the documentation

Thanks,

Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Marcel,

nms:trackingLog schema is a template schema that trackingLogXXX schemas inherit from. Same applies for nms:deliveryLog. Hence it has no corresponding physical SQL table. TrackingLogs are not merged into a single table. You may refer to this page for a description of the datamodel.

Real-time events, broadlogs and trackings logs are stored in different tables depending on which instance you look at:

• On the Real-Time execution instance:
    • RT events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:rtEvent, nms:broadLogRtEvent, nms:trackingLogRtEvent
    • Batch events/ broadlog / tracking logs: nms:batchEvent, nms:broadLogBatchEvent, nms:trackingLogBatchEvent
  • On the Control instance (Marketing), all the data coming from RT is synced and consolidated via technical OOTB workflows into same tables regardless of batch or RT events:
    • Events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:eventHisto, nms:broadLogEventHisto, nms:trackingLogEventHisto

Thanks,

Serge

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Marcel,

nms:trackingLog schema is a template schema that trackingLogXXX schemas inherit from. Same applies for nms:deliveryLog. Hence it has no corresponding physical SQL table. TrackingLogs are not merged into a single table. You may refer to this page for a description of the datamodel.

Real-time events, broadlogs and trackings logs are stored in different tables depending on which instance you look at:

• On the Real-Time execution instance:
    • RT events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:rtEvent, nms:broadLogRtEvent, nms:trackingLogRtEvent
    • Batch events/ broadlog / tracking logs: nms:batchEvent, nms:broadLogBatchEvent, nms:trackingLogBatchEvent
  • On the Control instance (Marketing), all the data coming from RT is synced and consolidated via technical OOTB workflows into same tables regardless of batch or RT events:
    • Events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:eventHisto, nms:broadLogEventHisto, nms:trackingLogEventHisto

Thanks,

Serge