Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Different tracking log tables not clear

Community Advisor

Hello all,

there following tracking log tables in adobe campaign:

MarcelSzimonisz_0-1628229894718.png

trackingLogRcp, trackingLogVisitor - are clear to me
trackingLog - i understood/assumed this should be place to merge all of your tracking logs. Also this table somehow throws error since the day the instance was deployed

MarcelSzimonisz_1-1628230914049.png

I assumed that all real time messages are saved to trackingLogRtEvent but they are logged to trackingLogEventHisto

Can someone help me out here as i could not find anything in the documentation

Thanks,

Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Marcel,

nms:trackingLog schema is a template schema that trackingLogXXX schemas inherit from. Same applies for nms:deliveryLog. Hence it has no corresponding physical SQL table. TrackingLogs are not merged into a single table. You may refer to this page for a description of the datamodel.

Real-time events, broadlogs and trackings logs are stored in different tables depending on which instance you look at:

• On the Real-Time execution instance:
    • RT events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:rtEvent, nms:broadLogRtEvent, nms:trackingLogRtEvent
    • Batch events/ broadlog / tracking logs: nms:batchEvent, nms:broadLogBatchEvent, nms:trackingLogBatchEvent
  • On the Control instance (Marketing), all the data coming from RT is synced and consolidated via technical OOTB workflows into same tables regardless of batch or RT events:
    • Events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:eventHisto, nms:broadLogEventHisto, nms:trackingLogEventHisto

Thanks,

Serge

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Marcel,

nms:trackingLog schema is a template schema that trackingLogXXX schemas inherit from. Same applies for nms:deliveryLog. Hence it has no corresponding physical SQL table. TrackingLogs are not merged into a single table. You may refer to this page for a description of the datamodel.

Real-time events, broadlogs and trackings logs are stored in different tables depending on which instance you look at:

• On the Real-Time execution instance:
    • RT events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:rtEvent, nms:broadLogRtEvent, nms:trackingLogRtEvent
    • Batch events/ broadlog / tracking logs: nms:batchEvent, nms:broadLogBatchEvent, nms:trackingLogBatchEvent
  • On the Control instance (Marketing), all the data coming from RT is synced and consolidated via technical OOTB workflows into same tables regardless of batch or RT events:
    • Events / broadlog / tracking logs: nms:eventHisto, nms:broadLogEventHisto, nms:trackingLogEventHisto

Thanks,

Serge