Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Difference between timeouts in serverConf.xml

Level 2

In serverConf.xml, there are three different configuration values for timeouts in authentication section [1]:

• longSessionTimeOutSec
  • securityTimeOutSec
  • sessionTimeOutSec

Can someone explain the difference between those three and in which scenario they apply?

Thanks and BR
Sebastian

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/appendice...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As per my knowledge , When we use Logon function from xtk:session, after successfully login sessionToken generated for that user with values as 

<sessionInfo>
<serverInfo defaultNameSpace="cus" instanceName="demo" majNumber="6" securityTimeOut="86400" serverDate="2021-10-18 12:11:29.342Z" servicePack="0" sessionTimeOut="86400" useVault="false"/>

In this you can see couple of values auto populated with 86400 which is set in serverconfig.xml file. So that means for this user this generate sessionToken ,  Security token timeout is 86400 sec and Session timeout is 86400 sec. 

So in short these are the parameters which help to maintain for how long sessionToken is valid for a user.

Thanks,

Kapil

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As per my knowledge , When we use Logon function from xtk:session, after successfully login sessionToken generated for that user with values as 

<sessionInfo>
<serverInfo defaultNameSpace="cus" instanceName="demo" majNumber="6" securityTimeOut="86400" serverDate="2021-10-18 12:11:29.342Z" servicePack="0" sessionTimeOut="86400" useVault="false"/>

In this you can see couple of values auto populated with 86400 which is set in serverconfig.xml file. So that means for this user this generate sessionToken ,  Security token timeout is 86400 sec and Session timeout is 86400 sec. 

So in short these are the parameters which help to maintain for how long sessionToken is valid for a user.

Thanks,

Kapil