Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Derive Day of Week from Date

Level 2

I used the Day function on a date field and it returns an integer. How do we convert this to the day of the week - Mon, Tue etc.?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In an xtk expression? You'd have to use a long chain of decode's or iif's. Assuming Day() counts from 1:

decode(Day(@date), 1, 'Sun', decode(Day(@date), 2, 'Mon', decode(Day(@date), 3, 'Tue', ...))))

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In an xtk expression? You'd have to use a long chain of decode's or iif's. Assuming Day() counts from 1:

decode(Day(@date), 1, 'Sun', decode(Day(@date), 2, 'Mon', decode(Day(@date), 3, 'Tue', ...))))

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks. I was going down the same path - I was going to use Case statements. Was wondering if there was any pre-built function. Will try both, thanks!

Level 2
Update. I used the Weekday function to derive the day of week from date. FYI - week starts at Day 0. So 0 = Monday and so on. Then converted this to String. Then used iif to say if 0 then Monday, else if 1 Tuesday and so on. Thanks.